I think I broke my nose when I was smaller, because there is this bump and it keeps getting bigger. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

Can it be fit.

Rhinoplasty

You have a very common shape to your nose. It can be altered with surgery. Find a PS who can show you good results and explain the procedure to you. Good Luck

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sure seems like it can be fixed. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_beauty1121.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands. Besides lowering the bump, I elevated the tip of your nose. Your tip seems to droop, and if the bump is removed without raising the tip, then your nose will look even longer. See what you think of the morph: perhaps I didn't even raise the tip far enough.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Yes, a rhinoplasty can help to improve the appearance of your nose. You would have to be seen in person to perform this.

Broke my nose when I was smaller, because there is this bump and it keeps getting bigger. Can it be fixed?

The nasal area that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a natural appearing artistically performed nasal surgery (rhinoplasty).

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what and how  to do it based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for trauma

Short answer? Yes. Past trauma can induce damage not only to your bony structures, but also the cartilage and ligamentous attachments along the lower 2/3 of the nose. This can result in deformities and nasal obstruction.  A consultation with a board-certified specialist will help determine this.

Good Luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

This is a very common scenario and can absolutely be addressed with surgery. I would suggest you meet with a rhinoplasty specialist to go over your goals and develop a plan for a nose that works well and looks however you want. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

I think I broke my nose when I was smaller, because there is this bump and it keeps getting bigger. Can it be fixed?

Nasal structure, even after enduring a childhood injury, is most likely genetic. Your nose has potential to be more fitting on your face- in the right hands. This will require a Rhinoplasty by highly Qualified and experienced Board Certified PS. Choose you Surgeon carefully and study this topic thoroughly. There is an abundance of information available to you on the internet. I am a proponent of most Primary Rhinoplasties being performed by the closed or internal incision technique.