After having my old implants removed and replaced by tear drop implants 10 months ago I'm worried one of them has capsulated?

I had tear drop implants done 10 months ago. The surgeon took out my old implants that were 20 years old to find one of them had completely dissintergrated! Since day one of my new implants, the left breast has always looked fuller and looks a little higher up (this is the breast that the old implant had dissintergrated) than the other breast. In fact, the fuller one looks round. My surgeon has told me that this could be early capsulation however, the breast has been fuller since day 1.

Redo breasts implants

Dear Shogi,

Sorry for your problem , however it is impossible to express an opinion without examining you or , at least,  seeing the front and side views of your before and after pictures. If you had Biofilm (bacteria embedded  in the capsule and on the implant) in your old breasts and and capsulectomy (scar excision) was not performed, most likely the capstule contracture recurred. 

Discuss it with your surgeon, and if you are not satisfied, consult with other experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Check the before and after pictures in their photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Dr Widder

Early capsular contracture after exchange of breast implants

Many thanks for this question.

There may be more than one possibility here - you may have early capsular contracture; with  anatomical teardrop implants of course you may have suffered from rotation of the implant; both these problems can  change the shape of the breast or make it look higher. Sometimes the only way to completely be clear is to see at re operation although investigations such as MRI or US scans can be helpful.

It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon.

I that this information is helpful for you.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Remember, tear drop shaped implants especially if they are the "gummy type" implants will feel firmer than more traditional implants. Best to be evaluated in person.