What's wrong with my nose? Do I have a hanging columella? (Photo)

Septo-rhinoplasty 18 months ago and i hate how my nose looks now, i had a hump and i wanted to shave it a bit and i end up like this. Do i have hanging columella?. Can ear cartilage build the area above the tip to make nose straight?

Rhinoplasty

No, you are confusing the nomenclature.The columella is the column that goes from the upper lip to the nasal tip.The area above the tip on the nasal dorsum is too low. Grafting in this area would make the nose look straighter.

Rhinoplasty

You do not have a hanging columella but your infratip lobule may be a bit prominent and it can be reduced a bit.  Your dorsum can be rebuilt with ear or rib cartilage if you desire more dorsal projection. 

Hanging columella?

It does not appear that you have a hanging columella.  If you want more dorsal height, you will need to be grafted.

Looks good

Your nose is very pretty. I would not risk more scarring to make changes. Crushed cartilage from your septum can be used to make subtle changes but it requires surgery, dissection, scarring. I'm not sure its worth it. A collumella can be up to 4 mm from the nostril rim and be considered normal. I wouldn't change yours :)

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What's wrong with my nose? Do I have a hanging columella?

Based on the pictures, there does not appear to be a hanging columella and the nose look good. A preop picture may be useful. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS