What is the fat volume recommended for breast fat transfer for each time?

Hi I'm 30 years old, I weigh 120 pounds, and I have an A cup size. I want to go up to a full B to medium C. I've consulted a doctor about fat transfer. I don't have areas of clearly excesive fat. My dr suggested taking small amounts of fat at each time over more than one operation. He suggested 100-150cc be injected in each breast each time. However I've seen cases of similar body profile who ha up to 300 cc implanted in one go. Is it better to put more fat or less fat for more fat survival?

Dr Kayser

thank you for your question. There are so many variables that gI into fat transfer. The concept of removing fat from one area of the body and transferring to another is analogous to a farmer planting seeds. Fat is living tissue and therefore cannot be simply injected otherwise complications develop. Because it is living tissue it must be placed and surrounded by healthy tissue to promote integration and new blood vessel connections. This is technique dependent and varies from surgeon the surgeon. It also depends on each patient and variations such as the size of the breast, breast expansion from pregnancy or weight fluctuations, and the amount of breast tissue vs. Fat and donor site availability. It is also encouraging to know that if a single transfer process does not yield the desired volume, additional fat transfer can certainly be performed and greater volumes can actually be achieved because of the foundation established from the first session. BRAVA expansion is also helpful in allowing external expansion of the breast prior to fat transfer which has been shown to increase both the amount of fat that can be placed and also long-term retention. Finally, in patients who want to be larger  Kama Fitness Troy  and combination with an implant may actually prove to be the best option. This would allow the implant to  establish the Baseline volume and fat to further refine and shape the breast as well. In any case, I would encourage you to seek out a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. There are many videos on my website that extensively discuss all the aspects of fat transfer. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Volume of fat transfer to the breasts

Thank you for the question. The amount of fat transferred depends on the amount of fat available. I prefer to transfer more fat > 250 cc just because 40-60% of the fat will dissolve  keep in mind that the remaining transferred fat may increase or decrease as you gain or lose weight  

The fat transfer procedure may be repeated but that does not guarantee an increase in breast size by 2 cup sizes  

To have more realistic and predictable expectations you may consider breast implants   

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with both procedures so you can choose the best option to suit your needs  

Dr  Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

The amount of fat that can be transferred depends upon the amount of fat available, and the donor site. If your breasts are very small, they may not accept too much fat at one time. Your doctor, who has examined you, will be the best one to tell you how much fat realistically can be transferred to each breast at one time.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon