Capsule formation after breast lift and augmentation? (Photo)

I got a breast lift and augmentation (400 cc) about 6 weeks ago. After 4 weeks my right breast started to get smaller everyday,I saw my surgeon and he thinks it's capsule formation He asked me singular and massage daily for 2 months. I am really sad

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Is one growing or one shrinking?

If you had saline implants and one is shrinking, you have a leak in your implant.  If you had gels, it won't shrink and I would think your larger side has a fluid collection around it.  Either way, your surgeon should know this and know what to do from this point forward.  A contracture would deform your breast and make it much firmer and would not explain the size discrepancy that you have in your photo.

Curtis Wong, MD

Capsule formation after breast lift and augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Definitely follow your surgeon's instructions.  There is no solid evidence that Singulair will help but it couldn't hurt.  You may want to ask about Vitamin E supplementation in addition to the Singulair and massage.  If all fails and you do require a capsulectomy, the good news is that most capsules do not recur after this operation.  Best of luck.

Michael Brucker, MD

Gross asymmetry

Based on your photos, you are demonstrating gross asymmetry; Thorough planning are necessary to provide you symmetric and shapely breasts. In order to determine what happened, you need to consider:
1)your shape preoperatively
2)how much tissue was removed from each breast
3)what size implants were used.
An examination will determine if capsular contracture plays a role.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Capsular contracture

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I'm wondering if it's possible that it is actually the Left breast that is having swelling or fluid build up? I'm sure your surgeon can tell better in person than just this photo. But, the left side looks tense, and the right one appears that it would be the softer breast. If it is capsular contracture, you are doing the right things to try an combat it. Keep up with your surgeon regularly. Best wishes to you.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon