This is it? (Photos)

Top: original Middle: after 3or4times treatment Bottom:after 6times treatment So disappointed.... I asked question here before but I expected more result. How long will take if it's completely gone? Dnt wanna waste of my time n money anymore ;(

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. I use the Picosure laser in my practice. Picosure has a short pulse duration that exceeds photothermal action and results in an intense photomechanical impact. This adds up to faster results and fewer treatments when compared to other tattoo removal methods. It works best on darker inks such as black and blue. The number of sessions required to remove a tattoo can range from 6-10 sessions. The amount of sessions depends on the size, color and placement of the tattoo. The further the tattoo is from the heart the more time it will take to remove. I hope this information helps!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Patience is the Key to Laser Tattoo Removal

Thanks for your question.  We have treated several black/blue ink tattoos with great success.  We utilize a PicoSure with 755nm for this color ink.  You did not mention the age of the tattoo and how long you have been treating it.

After finding an experienced provider, the next thing you need is patience.  We tell every Pico tattoo removal patient to expect at least 6 treatments and don't be surprised if it is 10-12.  We see some patients twice a year and their tattoos seem to clear up to 6 months.  After using the PicoSure for 2 years, we have found it is best to wait 2-6 months between treatments.  There is a limit to how small the laser can break up the ink.  It's up to you and your body to take the ink away.  We encourage our patients to drink plenty of water, sweat it out and eat a healthy diet between treatments.

I believe you probably had effective treatments with good laser settings.  If your tattoo is relatively new (less than 5 years old), it's not surprising to see much fading after 6 treatments.  You are trying to reverse permanent ink.  Good Luck and have patience!

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Disappointing Results--Laser Tattoo Removal, Takes a Series of Treatments

I would have a consultation with a tattoo removal expert to make sure you get the right laser/treatment for removal. It will take a series of treatments to see improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

Picosure for black tattoo?

The wavelength of the Picosure is not ideal for black tattoos. The best is a 1064 wavelength. I would switch lasers. Even a QS 1064 would do better than what you are showing. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Picosure tattoo removal

Hello California.  If your tattoo removal was oerformed with the Pucosure laser, a wavelength if 755 nanometer light was likely used.  Unfortunately, this type of light is not ideal for the tattoo you have.  Dark colors are better treated with the 1064 wavelength.  Because the Pucosure was so heavily marketed by the Manufacturer many consumers came to believe that it was their best option and this is not the case in your situation.  Look for a practitioner used a 1064 Nd:Yg q-switched laser.  

See below photos for our Orange County tattoo removal Patients.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD