Is my hemoglobin level good for me to have bbl, tummy tuck and lipo of my back?

hi my hemoglobin level today 04/17/2014 is 12.9 and my iron is 87 is this ok for me to have my bbl, tummy tuck , lipo of my back, if not how can i increase my hemoglobin level before 04/30/2014

Thank you for your question, your hemoglobin level is something your plastic surgeon will have to approve for you to have the procedure done, even if you are above the minimum range if there's several things that you are getting done at once its best to have your hemoglobin levels well above average. This will help avoid complications with your recovery process and also avoid requiring blood transfusions.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Iron

The ideal level would be over 12, in order to keep it safe.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Please call your surgeon . Good Luck 
Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

Hemoglobin level for a BBL and tummy tuck

You need to be in top shape to have a combined procedure. Questions like this can only be answered by your surgeon. It sounds like you have a surgery scheduled for this month, so you should call your surgeon and discuss this immediately. I suspect from the nature of your question, that you may be scheduled overseas for your surgery. This may make it difficult to contact your surgeon, but they are still the only ones who can advise you about your upcoming surgery. 

Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck and liposuction of the back is a major surgery. Before any surgery under general anesthesia the patient needs to be in top medical condition. A full history and physical examination, full blood work, EKG when needed is required and all need to be normal. an individual assessment of the risk factores needs to be assessed. Then a decision for general anesthesia and surgery is done. The facility needs to be accredited, the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic surgery).

Hemoglobin and BBL

Blood less is usually minimal at most from brazilian butt lift, but you do not want to be anemic because it can affect wound healing.

As a plastic surgeon who does up to 12 or 15 BBLs a week, I can tell you that you want to have the procedure done well the first time, and you only want to have the procedure done once.  Your surgeon will need to help you determine what is right and safe for you.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Low hemoglobin

He really given me insufficient information to make a determination whether you should undergo extensive cosmetic surgery. I would consult with your family practitioner and your plastic surgeon as to whether your lab values are appropriate.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr. and DDS FACS