Is it possible for me to just get implants without a lift? (Photo)

I just turned 38 years old this past September. I had 3 kids who are 19 , 17 and my youngest is now 11. My breast are pretty saggy now after the 3 kids. I've been wanting breast implants forever now. I'm just terrified of the scars that a lift will leave. Some of the pictures on here has scared me away for years. So I guess I'm wondering is if there is a procedure that doesn't leave scars or very minimal scars? Thanks in advance.

For a better results BA + BL

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Is it possible for me to just get implants without a lift

I think implants alone will leave you big and saggy. I think if you have an implant that you would likely need a lollipop incision to properly reshape your breast while re-positioning it at the same time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Is it possible for me to just get implants without a lift?

Judging by your photos you would most likely need an augmentation to restore volume and a lift to reshape the breast and elevate the position of the nipple.  I suggest that you visit two or three board certified plastic surgeons in your area to not only get their options after they see you in person but also to look at before and after photos of their patients.  I would not base the decision to have a surgical procedure on the photos posted on this website necessarily.  In my opinion the photos of scars and results for that matter tend to show less than average results in many cases and it isn't clear to me the credentials of the surgeons performing the surgery.  Thats who I would check with the surgeons in your area who you are likely to have perform the surgery.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You have breast ptosis which means that the nipple is below the natural breast crease or fold. Although you could place an implant without a lift, concerns would be what is referred to as a waterfall deformity where the implant remains higher than the breast making it look like the breast is falling over the implant. Should a pocket be created where the implant would drop into the breast, this could result in what is referred to as a rock in a sock. Your ideal outcome would be to restore the position of your breasts to a more youthful position, however, this would result in scars. An implant does not compensate for a breast lift, and although it may provide some upper pole fullness, the inevitable outcome in your situation would likely result in a larger breast that is still droopy. If you were to choose a single procedure to obtain the most ideal result, this would be a lift. If you chose to add an implant, however, this would increase cup size.

One alternative would be to place fat into the breasts. Unlike an implant which necessarily occupies a pocket in a fixed location, fat transfer involves the placement of millions of little seeds throughout the entire breast. This would again not compensate for the breast lift but would allow an increase in volume without the scars but still leaving you droopy. I do have a specific example on my website of a patient who had this very procedure performed as she also, did not want scars on her chest. In any case, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for the question and photos. 

I think you are an ideal candidate for a breast lift with implants. Implants alone will make your breasts heavier and more saggy than they are now and less attractive. The lift will give you the perkier higher breasts with a longer lasting result. The trade off is of course the scarring but you appear to be a good candidate for the small lollipop scars which heal very well over a year. The lift will also make your areola smaller. 

Good luck with your decision. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with/without lift?

Michel,

You ABSOLUTELY need a lift if going for implants.  Your breasts are too low and the areolas are pointing downward.  Putting in large implants to raise your breasts significantly will require lowering your creases to center the implant.  This will give you beautiful breasts without scars, but way to LOW.

Best of luck in your decision.  Do your homework.  Look up breast ptosis (droopiness) on-line to get more answers as well.  Do your homework before letting anyone touch you.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Implants without a Lift?

It is certainly possible for you to just get implants without a lift. In fact, I suggest you do that if you are terrified about the scars from a breast lift. You can always make the decision if you want more lift after the implants. The key thing is to have the implants placed on top of the muscle to give maximum lift as opposed to being blunted when placed under the muscle. Implants under the muscle will necessitate a lift.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants with no lift

Based on your photos, I would say you are more a candidate for a breast lift with no implants. I do not think that implants will give you sufficient lift, but you have enough breast tissue to get a nice result by tightening the skin envelope. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation versus augmentation and lift

Implants can provide a very modest lift.
Imagine a partially deflated balloon tacked against a wall.  Much like you see at a carnival dart toss.
Now, imagine inflating the balloon.  You can imagine how it would lift off that wall somewhat.  So even though no specific maneuvers are being done to lift that balloon, it will rise slightly just due to the reinflation.
The same thing happens with the breast implant.  The degree of lift is slight, usually only about 1-2 cm.  This may be all you need, it may not be.  That depends upon a visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  If you do need a lift, it is far better to accept the scars with the procedure, which will fade with time, rather than a poorly-shaped breast with the breast tissue hanging off the implant unnaturally.

Judging from your pictures, I suspect that implants alone will not give you enough lift, and may even make the breasts look strange, with the implant sitting higher than the remainder of the natural breast which would sit lower.  Visit with a few plastic surgeons to get the best advice and person.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon