Will my body look different after a Mommy Makeover? (photos)

(breast reductionbreast lift no implants ,tummy tuck, lipo to back, flanks abdomen)

I know most doctors want you to lose weight for all procedures. But I really want this mommy makeover. Any difference of this body would make me so happy. I want a change. Are there in doctors in the Miami area that will give me this procedure. I'm tired of being the fat one in the group. I love my thighs and butt just want nice breast and flat tummy .

To find local doctors in your area, please click here. 

Will a mommy makeover help

You are a very good candidate for a mommy makeover. It will make a significant change in your appearance. Being at a higher than ideal body weight does not preclude you from having a procedure. Being at a lower body weight helps with less complications and better results. 

There are plenty of board certified plastic surgeons in the area that can do the procedure. Travelling for surgery has some definite downsides.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for you question and pictures. You look like a great candidate for this procedure.  Please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

About Mommy Makeover and the Candidate Criteria

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even after 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the question and photos. Your photos show that you can benefit from a mommy makeover; breast reduction, tummy tuck and lipo. 

Ideally you should lose weight before the surgery but sometimes you need a kick starter, and I've had patients lose a lot of weight after the surgery. 

If you are healthy and are medically cleared for surgery go for it. You'll love how your body looks afterward and you can maintain the results with a good diet and exercise. 

Best of luck dear!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover Results

A mommy makeover entails a breast procedure and an abdominoplasty procedure, and while the recovery may be prolonged, the results are often impressive and life changing. Based on the photos you have provided, I recommend a breast reduction/lift and a tummy tuck with some limited liposuction on the flanks. A lifestyle change if healthy eating and exercise will help you maintain your results.

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You will for sure see a huge difference after your MMakeover. You will be able to get a flat abdomen and see the curves in your body that has been improved with the lipo in various areas. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover results

Yes, a mommy makeover will make a difference!  These procedures can help contour your body leaving you with an improved shape.  It is true that it is best to be as close as you can to your ideal body weight to optimize your results, but you will still see a difference no matter what.  Search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a consultation.

Camille Cash, MD

Will my body look different after a Mommy Makeover?

Thank you for your question.  The answer is YES, your body will absolutely look different after a Mommy Makeover!  A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the abdomen, waist, flanks, and back bra rolls will nicely contour your midsection and accent your thighs and buttocks.  From your photo, you may need more of a breast reduction (which includes a lift) as opposed to any type of breast augmentation.  

As long as you are in good health, you don't smoke, and you have realistic expectations, then I say go for it!  If you know that you aren't planning on losing any weight, you can still have surgery, but there is a slightly higher risk of complications in patients who are overweight.  I personally operate on women with your body type all the time and do it safely with beautiful results.  Be sure you choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon for your care. We are trained to take care of you before, during, and after your surgery.

I am not sure why you are asking if there are any doctors in Miami who will operate on you.  I am sure there are plenty of local board certified Plastic Surgeons near you in Pennsylvania that will perform an excellent job.  Beware of medical tourism, even if it is in the United States.  Being close to your surgeon throughout the entire journey is very important.  Best wishes!

Mommy makeover question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based on the images, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck, lipo of the flanks and a breast reduction. 

The question about weight is two fold: 1. yes, weight loss before surgery would be advantageous to you to help give you a flatter tighter stomach. 2. It will reduce potential complications. Patients with a high BMI have a higher risk from surgery. 

One thing to remember is that liposuction and surgery are NOT weight loss procedures. If you don't make lifestyle adjustments, you will gain the weight back. Liposuction is actually permanent. The fat cells do not divide and multiply. Surgery however does not stop someone from over eating. When patients try to use lipo vs diet and exercise, it almost always fails. I am not saying this to dissuade you from having surgery, but it's important to be honest and straightforward with surgery. 

Could you have the procedure now? Yes, and you should see a significant change. Should you wait and try to lose the weight first? Absolutely. The results should be even better. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover NYC

Hard to advise by the photos you posted and more info like BMI and age would help. However, there is a high level of satisfaction associated with this operation and I am certain you would enjoy benefits from it. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD