Is it necessary or beneficial after microneedle to use prescription Tretinoin cream?

Hi I just had my 2nd microneedle done and had a different tech who said I needed a high priced prescription strength Tretinoin cream I bought it but is it necessary?

It is beneficial to use retinoid creams before Microneedling and Post treatment

Thank you for sharing your question. Microneedling in combination with retinoid creams is excellent for improving the skin texture, elasticity and overall appearance. Wait a week after Microneedling before restarting the cream to avoid irritation and use a lot of sunblock.
Good luck,

Tretinoins after microneedling.

Tretinoins are a very important part of my skin care recommendations for all patients.  It is important to find the retinol or tretinoin that works with your skin and use them regularly.  I ask patients though to switch to  growth factor serums or lotions for the microneedled skin for the first few days and only return to the RetinA or retinol product once the skin has thoroughly healed.  Freshly injured skin and healing skin just get irritated when they are used too quickly after a procedure.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling and Tretinoin

Thanks for your question!  I absolutely agree with your tech's recommendations about using a prescription retinoid cream post-microneedling.  It will enhance your results and keep your skin looking young and refreshed.  Best of luck to you!

Retinoic creams after microneedling

Retinoic creams after microneedling will enhance the outcome and I agree with the recommendation. Use it regularly for great outcomes and use high SPF when exposed to the sun.

I recommend RR Retinoid Repair cream from Kare Skin.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Microneedling, Fillers, Lasers, Botox/Dysport -- CAN BE DONE ALL SAME DAY

We combine skin care, lasers, facials with microneedling.  I suggest appropriate skin care after microneedling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Trentinoin and Microneedling

The use of Tretinoin cream will maximize the results of your micro needling so it was an excellent idea.  Best, Dr. Green