How Can I Raise my Hemoglobin Levels for SX?

I am scheduled for my SX on 4/30 thats 8 months away. I am getting a BBL and Breast Lift . I am anemic. What are some ways I can raise my hemoglobin levels. Is 8 months enough time?

Raise Hemoglobin prior to any procedure

It is very important that your body is prepared prior to any procedure, you can start by taking Folic Acid 5MG twice a day, Iron 325gm 3 times a day and Vitamin C 1Gm a day. Also a keeping a balanced diet and in taking Iron rich foods such as Beans, Liver, Red meats,lentils, Vegetables, eggs. Also try diminishing the amount of caffeine in take since this restrains your body from absorbing Iron. Good luck, I hope this helps your process!

Thank you for your question, Its very important to have your hemoglobin in an optimum state before undergoing surgery, to avoid complications. You may take Iron pills three times a day a couple of weeks or months before your surgery to improve your Iron levels. Talk to your doctor about the dosage that fits your needs.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The nature of the anemia has to be defined as well as the severity.  If this is an iron deficiency anemia, treatment with iron at the appropriate dosage over a course of weeks to months will improve the clinical situation. 

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Much of the grafting result depends upon the techniques utilized and the postoperative care.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA