Do my boobs look normal 2 weeks post op? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 16
2 weeks post op from mastopexy and augmentation
Early post-op shape and feeling
It is not uncommon to have increased sensitivity for a period of time as nerves that have been stretched are recovering from surgery, as well. I suspect that you will see and feel improvement, will will need to discuss this with your surgeon in the next couple of weeks when you return for your post-op check. I recommend continued paper tape support of the surgical incisions after the Steri-Strips come off to get the best possibel scars.Good luck.
2 weeks post op, some advices:
ITs too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-
You might also like...
Augmentation mastopexy question
Post op results
Following breast augmentation
This is why plastic surgeons will always advise patience for the first few months after these procedures. In the meantime, keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon and he/she can assure you that things are proceeding in the right direction.
I hope this info helps!
Best of Luck,
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Concerns about appearance 2 weeks postop
Following any surgical procedure, the first few weeks can seem strange to a patient
- there will be swelling that can distort the shape and size
- swelling may be asymmetric making it look like the two sides are very different
- bruising is normal and can range from minimal to significant
- bruising color changes over time and can make it look distorted
- rippling at the incision may be present which may make you think like a kid sutured you up - this this is normal when the incision is being shortened and pulled in tight
- lumpiness may be felt when the swelling is localized
- surgical areas can feel numb initially
- in cases of bilateral procedures one side may be more painful or more numb than the other
- there may be some blood coming from the incision - this is not 'bleeding'
- you may feel tightness, more in one area than another
these are all things of things that normally resolve over time and after three months or so are gone. So at two weeks, don't get scared or concerned, it's too early for that. If however you feel something is really wrong (and you know your body the best), contact your surgeon's office.
hope this helps
Results after 2 weeks
Two Weeks Post Op Concerns
The breasts don't heal or adapt to the implants at the same pace, so some asymmetries early after surgery can be expected and temporary.
Palpable rippling from feeling the edge of the implant may be part of the imperfections of breast augmentation procedures.
You should address these concerns with your surgeon.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.