Do my boobs look normal 2 weeks post op? (Photo)

I am age 27 and weigh 113pds and am 5'2 . I went through two pregnancies and breastfed both my babies . After I breastfed I noticed a significant amount of lost breast tissue and had what you call "deflated boobs".I am noticing A shadow of the implant on top and my boobs do not look symmetric . Also on the outer bottom of my breast I feel rippling but do not see it . I am starting to have more and more nipple pain as well . Is all of this normal and will my breast even out after a few months .

2 weeks post op from mastopexy and augmentation

Thank you for your question.  By the pictures it looks as though you are where you should be at 2 weeks.  However, it will take several weeks or months for the implants to settle and for you to see the final results.  The nipple pain should improve with time.  Best of luck to you!

Early post-op shape and feeling

Based on the photo images that you sent, it appears that you are on schedule regarding post-op changes. Swelling does not decrease in a symmetrical way for many patients, so I would not be too concerned at present.
It is not uncommon to have increased sensitivity for a period of time as nerves that have been stretched are recovering from surgery, as well.  I suspect that you will see and feel improvement, will will need to discuss this with your surgeon in the next couple of weeks when you return for your post-op check. I recommend continued paper tape support of the surgical incisions after the Steri-Strips come off to get the best possibel scars.Good luck. 

John M. Weeter, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
ITs too early to talk about final results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Augmentation mastopexy question

Yes, for this stage of healing your breasts look like they should. There will be additional healing and settling over the next 3-6 months. Only at that time will you be able to truly judge your results.

Post op results

Thank you for your question.   At two weeks it is too early to judge your final results. However your right breast does appear slightly larger than your left.  If you are right handed it is likely some additional swelling from overuse of you dominant hand.   Results settle down significantly over the first 3 months and final results are truly seen at 6-12 months.  Be patient and follow all of your plastic surgeons instructions to help assure a smooth and uneventful postop course.

Jacob Bloom, MD

Following breast augmentation

It is very early days for you. Your wounds seem to have healed well. You are bound to have a lot of swelling at the moment. This takes time to settle and you will have a fair idea as to what they will look like at about three to six months. You will need to be patient till then before making any judgment about the result. 

Postoperative augmentation

Things look fine from your pictures.At this stage, you are still early in the healing process. The final result for a breast augmentation or Lift is never really judged until several months from the procedure. Typically, I will wait 6 months before I assess the results. Of course, it can be difficult to be patient while awaiting a result for such a long time, especially when you are excited. But, keep in mind that living human tissues are different than sculpting with plastic or sewing with cloth. Those substances are fixed and don't change much with time. Human tissues, on the other hand, stretch, spread, settle, and change as they go through the different stages of healing. This process takes time and as it proceeds, your result will change until the healing is complete.
This is why plastic surgeons will always advise patience for the first few months after these procedures. In the meantime, keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon and he/she can assure you that things are proceeding in the right direction.
I hope this info helps!
Best of Luck,
Dr. Subbio
Philadelphia/Newtown Square
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about appearance 2 weeks postop

At two weeks after surgery, things can look strange and unusual to you, however from what I see you look great for this stage of healing.  Your breasts will go through a lot of changes over the next few months as they settle and normalize..

Following any surgical procedure, the first few weeks can seem strange to a patient
- there will be swelling that can distort the shape and size
- swelling may be asymmetric making it look like the two sides are very different
- bruising is normal and can range from minimal to significant
- bruising color changes over time and can make it look distorted
- rippling at the incision may be present which may make you think like a kid sutured you up - this this is normal when the incision is being shortened and pulled in tight
- lumpiness may be felt when the swelling is localized
- surgical areas can feel numb initially
- in cases of bilateral procedures one side may be more painful or more numb than the other
- there may be some blood coming from the incision - this is not 'bleeding'
- you may feel tightness, more in one area than another

these are all things of things that normally resolve over time and after three months or so are gone.  So at two weeks, don't get scared or concerned, it's too early for that.  If however you feel something is really wrong (and you know your body the best), contact your surgeon's office.

hope this helps

martin

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Results after 2 weeks

Two weeks is obviously early in your recovery period, and yes, your breasts will still change during the coming months. What is important though, is that breasts are never, with or without surgery, perfectly symmetric, and that some kind of mild imperfections (such as feeling the implants at the bottom, are expected and inevitable with every cosmetic procedures. Your result looks fine so far, and I would see no particular reason to worry.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Two Weeks Post Op Concerns

Many of the symptoms you express may well be normal for this time post-op. Shaping of the breasts continues for months after surgery.
The breasts don't heal or adapt to the implants at the same pace, so some asymmetries early after surgery can be expected and temporary.
Palpable rippling from feeling the edge of the implant may be part of the imperfections of breast augmentation procedures.
You should address these concerns with your surgeon.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon