Can my nose be straight? If so, how? (Photo)

I dont know why it is like this but its really weird. I dont even know if its broken or not because doctors say its because of sinus. So i just wanna know if i can ever get straight nose again and if so . How ?

Straighten the Nose

The only permanent solution for a crooked nose is through a rhinoplasty or septoplasty procedure. From your photo it seems you may have a deviated nasal septum, which can be the cause of your sinus and breathing issues. It would be better to have an in person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Schedule a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area. He or she will be able to provide better advice after a close examination of your nose.  

Can my nose be straight? If so, how?

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can  be streaightened and cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty and probable septoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that s personal and only you can make. Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination. Robert Singer, M.D., FACS La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a crooked nose

Yes, it looks like your nose is crooked.  It can be improved with surgery, but it is difficult to get it "perfect."  You don't show a profile view or other views, so I can't say exactly what would be needed in the way of surgery.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in rhinoplasty surgery is your next step.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose

Your nose is crooked because the underlying cartilage and bone structures are deviated/bent. You require an open septorhinoplasty to straighten your nose as well as change its external shape as well.

Rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose

A rhinoplasty procedure is required to straighten the crooked nose. In order to straighten the  crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones and  A spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose.  A tip rhinoplasty is required when the tip cartilages are crooked.  For more information and many examples of crooked nose repair, please see the link and the video below

Can My Nose be Straight?

There is nothing weird about a crooked nose whether it was inherited or secondary to trauma as an infant or in your childhood. Rhinoplasty surgery can be done to straighten your nose and improve nasal breathing which may reduce your sinus problems. 

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Causes of Crooked Nose

Thanks for the question.  Sinuses very seldom cause a nasal deviation.  It appears that your nasal tip deviation to the left is a result of septal deviation and is probably congenital.  I would recommend an exam by a board-certified plastic surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.  Septal deviation can be corrected with a septoplasty and/or cartilage grafting.

Nose and sinuses

The sinuses cannot affect the shape of your nose.  Many people with a slightly crooked nose have no history of breaking it.  It can be hereditary, or in rare cases, the nose can be injured during delivery through the birth canal.  In your photo, your nose looks only minimally crooked.

George H. Pope, MD

Can my nose be straight?

The sinus do not determine the shape of the nose.  Consult with a highly trained board certified plastic surgeon for an exam to address your issues.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD