Long big and pointy nose after rhinoplasty (Photo)

Its been 26 days after rhinoplasty and my nose is going towards the before surgery shape again making me depressed and unsatisfied. Few days after cast removal i was happy to see a short and refined nose but after one week my tip started getting long, big and pointy.Is there any chance of making my nose short not long if i go for revision?

26 days Post Op Is Too Early to Judge

I know that it is frustrating to not have your final results right away, but 26 days post op is way too early to judge. Your nose is swollen and your body is healing. For now, be patient and kind to yourself. If, at the 3 month mark, you are still unhappy then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Be patient with your results as your body continues to heal and recover.

Hello, and thanks for sharing your question. At 26 days post-op, you're still in the early stages of recovery and are therefore likely still experiencing swelling, bruising, or other minor side effects that can camouflage your final results. At this point, the best advice is to continue to be patient with your results and allow your body the time it needs to properly heal and recover. If you’re concerned about your progress, be sure to contact your plastic surgeon, as he or she should be your go-to resource for any questions or concerns throughout the recovery process. If you’re still unhappy with your results after your healing is complete and your final results have fully revealed themselves, you can speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon about the possibility of a revision surgery. In the meantime, try to stay positive and patient. Best of luck!

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Short not long nose tip.....

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss nasal length and recovery.  I cannot really comment on the rotation or length of your nose following surgery because in the pictures the forehead and chin are not seen and that is important for evaluation.  I can say that all noses will appear tilted up and shorter the early weeks after surgery due to swelling of the upper lip as it lifts the lower part of the nose up.  No matter the rotation, it is your surgeon that makes the decision with you how much rotation is appropriate.  If the skin is thick and there is a desire for tip narrowing, remember that rotating a nose makes the underlying skeleton smaller with the same amount of skin. With thick skin, rotation or shortening the nose, can bunch the skin and inhibit attempts to narrow the tip and middle sections of the nose as well.  Yes, of course, revision can shorten the nose more but the decision will have to await resolution of all your current swelling.  Video imaging is very helpful in trying to decide how much the tip should be tilted up.  Still the video imagery is not aware of thickness or thinness and so the judgement of your surgeon is important.

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Postop edema

The swelling after surgery on the nose and make it look very big.You can ask you surgeon to give you a short dose of steroids that would bring down the swelling.  Sometimes injections of steroids can help as well.  Try avoiding salt and excessive sun exposure.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

26 days is early

Noses can appear to get larger again after a splint is removed.  Swelling will arise.  It can take a few months to settle down.  I would wait for a while to make and conclusions.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Rhinoplasty

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results so far.  To directly answer your question, yes, there are techniques in revision rhinoplasty that can create a shorter more refined nose that you are looking for.

Having said that, my advice for you is to wait for your nose to heal more completely before considering a revision.  Healing after a rhinoplasty can take several weeks to several months.  Swelling along the tip of the nose can last up to a couple of months and can make your nose appear longer or wider than what your final result may be.  Since you are around one month out from your surgery, you may still have several weeks of healing to go where you will continually see your nose change and improve.

I feel that patients need at least 2 months before they truly see what their final result will be.  In addition, I feel that most patients should wait at least 12 months before having a revision rhinoplasty.

Give your nose a chance to heal.  Regardless of your decision, you have options that can get you the result you are looking for.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon