About liposuction - I still have swelling in my tummy and sides but I'm not sure if it normal or not? (photo)

Hi doctors,, i made 360 liposuction before 12 weeks But, i don't like my new shape . I would like to ask you , is that normal or i have to fix it by other liposuction surgery ? My doctor didn't say anything thing about that ! He just told me this is your muscles and you have to do exercises !! I really worry about that !

Do my liposuction results look normal?

Thank you for your question.  360 liposuction can mean different things to different doctors and patients.  When I perform 360 liposuction (also known as lips 360) I treat the abdomen, waist, flanks, and back bra rolls.
From your photos it appears that you still have fat deposits under your skin, meaning you might not have had a complete liposuction surgery.  I am not sure which photos are preoperative versus postoperative.  You may have some uneven results on the sides.  At 12 weeks you should really be seeing nice even results.  You also appear to have a bit of a belly sticking out, which makes me think you might be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

I cannot say you need another surgery unless I examine you in person.  Only then could I make a concrete recommendation.  Always be sure that your surgeon is a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  There is no such thing as a board certified cosmetic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Results typically take between 3-6 months before you can start making any decisions on possible future procedures, also your swelling will change dramatically over the next few months so let your body go through the healing process first. If you were looking for a hi def major transformation you should see a 4D VASER HI DEF contouring physician.  Radiofrequency and massage help at this point with compression and I suggest you speak to your physician. Best, Dr. Emer

Lipo final outcome

Hello. Thank you for your question and photos.   You should wait a few more months to see the final outcome.   However probably you were not a good candidate just for a lipo alone but a Tummy Tuck as well.  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction - 12 weeks ago, don't like new shape

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I understand your concern.
  • You are still swollen, things will improve but I am not sure they will be satisfactory.
  • I suggest that in another 3 months, you get a second opinion - 
  • And please be sure the second opinion is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS