Elevation of Lfts - I had cool sculpting done 3 weeks ago had pain numbness resolved now.

I just had physical labs done showed elevated liver enzyme x3 Mild elevation of total protein and ca+ I take no meds and healthy otherwise and asymptotic too ?

Elevated LFT's

Many different factors can contribute to elevated liver enzymes, (LFT'S), in an otherwise healthy individual.  Numerous studies (available on line and through the Zeltiq manufacturer) have shown CoolSculpting to have no effect on LFT's, nor on blood cholesterol levels.  I recommend that you follow up with your regular doctor to make sure all is well.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Swelling and Bruising -- Use Cellutone/Z Wave After and Venus Legacy / Vanqish

Coolsculpting swelling, bruising and pain is well known.  I suggest if you are concerned to speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is best to speak to your primary care physician regarding your bloodwork to investigate the underlying cause. The studies that were done by zeltiq have not shown elevation in LFT.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Elevated LFTs after coolsculpting

Zeltiq, the company that makes CoolSculpting has conducted numerous studies that have shown to elevation blood test.  However, there are numerous other reasons why you may have elevated lab values.  I would recommend seeing your primary care physician to work up some of the other possible causes.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Elevation of LFT's

Dear hadrab, Pain and numbness are common following cool sculpting. Did your physician take your labs for a particular reason? Obviously you should have them rechecked in the future based on his/her recommendation. With that being said, Zeltiq has an original study that is posted on their cool sculpting website that found no effect on LFT's with cryolypolysis. Make sure to follow up with your physician with this matter. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon