My doctor does not put a garment on post BBL, he simply wraps the abdominal area. Is this OK?

My doctor suggests wearing a garment beginning on the 3rd day post bbl. He does not put you in one immediately after. He believes putting one on right away can cause deformity if the garment is too tight.

Follow your surgeon's post op instructions.  Compression is recommended on the liposuction areas post surgery but there are different ways to achieve that.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I always recommend my patients to wear a compression garment after surgery, because not only the liposuctioned area is the only one that can get swollen. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Postop regimens are so different doctor to doctor. Garments are popular.

BBL

Not all surgeons recommend garments after a BBL.  Best to follow your surgeon's instructions. Good luck,

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implantss

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

No Garment After BBL

There are doctors who don't use compression on the buttocks after a BBL, because it's felt that the garment may shift the fat or the extra compression can cause the fat to melt away (I don't use a compression garment either).  The important thing is that you find a doctor whose results you like (because those patients probably had the same postoperative course that you will have, and they did just fine, so you probably will also).

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon