Will anything help to make my skin thin?

I have a very thick skin on my nose. I would like to know if there is something out there which can make skin thinner.

Thick nasal skin can be treated.

Without seeing photos it is impossible to tell how thick you skin is and why. In some cases dermabrasion can be used for thick skin if that is the only issue. If combined with a rhinoplasty the fatty layer under the skin can be trimmed back to reduce skin thickness.

Dr. Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thick skin on the nose and how to treat it

Hello and thank you for the question. Thick skin on the nose is due to a combination of factors including genetics, ethnicity and age. In my practice I see patients with acne rosacea on the face and the nose which can be amenable to a wide array of topical medicines as well as energy based devices. If you are of darker skin tone (Hispanic, Middle Eastern, African American) then thicker skin and more sebaceous skin is often the norm. If blackheads and large pores are the treatment then trying to reduce the sebum and oil can be targeted with the aformentioned medicines and techniques. An in depth analysis of your skin is needed in person to see what the best treatment for you can be. 

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon