How long the wait to try to have my mommy makeover again?

surgery was cancel yesterday for my mommy makeover HR 130. I take norvasc 10mg and microzide 25mg daily. Going to see primary Dr today any suggestion. How long would I have to wait to try surgery again????

When to Consider a Revision

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Safety first

It is important that this issue is addressed before scheduling surgery again.  You will likely need to get clearance from your primary doctor, or perhaps a cardiologist before considering having surgery.  I know this is frustrating, but your safety is always the number one priority.

Camille Cash, MD

Dr Derby

It is important to have this heart condition resolved first. Ask your cardiologist what he feels is recomendable for you. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Cancelled Surgery

I am so sorry your surgery had to be cancelled. It is important to get your heart rate under control before anesthesia. Please follow up with your primary care doctor/cardiologist for medical clearance before proceeding with surgery. Always use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Wait until cleared by primary physician

It’s unfortunate that your surgery was cancelled. You’ll need to resolve your condition before proceeding with surgery. Please follow up with your primary care physician.

Mommy make-over - cancelled, when can it be done?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I am sorry your surgery had to be cancelled -
  • You can't reschedule your surgery until the cause of your faste heart rate is diagnosed and treated.
  • Your primary care doctor - and perhaps a cardiologist - will need to see you to figure this.
  • Once it is treated, you can reschedule your surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How Long to Wait for Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question!  I am sorry about the surgery cancellation however it is imperative that we keep our patient's safety a priority at all times.  The best person to make this decision is your primary care doctor.  He/she will evaluate you with diagnostic testings and deem whether you are medically stable to proceed with surgery.  This time frame will be determined by your primary care physician.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon