What should have done to my breasts - also price range. (photo)

43 yrs old. My mom cursed me with these creatures. Hers hang to her navel. She is 74. I am newly single after life of hell determined to love me as I once did. I simply want them back where they once were. Somewhere I lost the girl who used to be amazing. Also interested in having tissue removed as heard this will help avoid chance breast cancer. Any suggestions?  I just want to know if I am looking at 4000.00$ or 10,000$ thanks in advance.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Well first off and most importantly, you are still an amazing woman. I think it's important to understand that although your breasts are a part of you, they do not define you. With regard to your options, you clearly have enough breast tissue to achieve an excellent result with a breast lift alone. This would restore your breasts to a more natural and youthful position and, with the more current techniques, you can avoid the boxy appearance with the anchor scar technique that would clearly not be necessary in your situation. Please view the video below through the attached link which describes the various techniques. I would certainly suggest that you speak to a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with the various approaches to breast lift procedures. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Breast surgery options

You could have your choice of:

a)  a breast lift - to keep the breast size you are, and re-shape the breasts into a perkier shape,

or b)  a breast reduction - which would also reduce the size and weight of the breasts.

Best to have a consultation with a Board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your thoughts on this.  Best wishes.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Last contacted 14 hours ago

Mastopexy

All you need is a lift, or mastopexy. Price varies from office to office, but in our office, the total cost, including anesthesia and facility is round $5000.

Greg Sexton, M.D.

Columbia. S.C.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 14 hours ago

Perky Breasts

Thank you for your question and picture. If you are happy with your size, then a breast lift will help. With a breast lift, the excess skin is removed, the areola can be made smaller, and the breast tissue and nipple are raised so that you are perkier and firmer.

If you want to be smaller, then a breast reduction would help. With a breast reduction excess skin and breast tissue are removed and the remaining breast tissue and nipple are brought higher on your chest so that you are perkier, firmer and smaller.

Prices vary from region to  region. The procedure you opt for and whether it is performed in a hospital or accredited facility can affect the price. A ball park estimate would be $6000 to $7500. Make sure that you get a written estimate and what is included in the price.

Matthew A. Galumbeck, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 8 days ago

Breast reduction

It looks like you cold benefit from a breast reduction.  This will also lift the nipple areola complex and tighten the skin envelope.

Last contacted 8 hours ago

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Last contacted 10 hours ago

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Your photo shows sagging or ptosis of the breast. I would suggest a full mastopexy using the anchor type incision. This will give you the best ability to lift and reshape the breasts. If you want them to be a smaller, a conservative reduction would work as well. A breast reduction removes excess breast tissue. Some reports show a reduced risk of breast cancer, but it is not universal and you will still need to do routine breast cancer screening. 

The surgery takes about 2 hours under full anesthesia. It is performed in an outpatient surgical center. In our center, the fee is 7k for a breast lift and 8k for a reduction. This includes anesthesia, surgery center, doctor fees, and follow up visits. 

I would normally recommend patients taking 1 - 2 weeks off of work and about a month out of the gym.

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before proceeding. 

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and if you have any health problems they are under the current management of your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

Breast lift/possible implants

Thank you for your question and photograph.

If you are interested in correcting the sagging, a lift with definitely be necessary. Breast implants would only be necessary if you wish to enlarge or add projection/volume to your breasts. You appear to have an adequate amount of breast tissue so even with a lift, you will still be left with reasonably sized breasts, they will just appear perkier. The choice of implants is really up to you and your cosmetic goals. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done and discussion of your goals and what needs to be done to achieve them. Cost really differs per location and surgeon but the RealSelf average cost for a lift is around $7,000-$8,000 and a lift with implants is around $8,000-$9,000.   Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Breast Surgery Options

Cara.    It appears from your photos that you would benefit from a breast lift, with or without implants, if you desire to be larger. Costs vary by region, but if you desire implants and lift, plan on spending between $8000-$11,000. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Last contacted 1 day ago

Mastopexy (Breast Lift) Can Produce Desired Results

Based on the photo, a breast lift can give you the elevated, perkier look you seem to want. A breast lift reshapes the breasts — and when combined with breast reduction, it can improve both the position and proportion of your breasts. (However, note that removing breast tissue has no effect on the chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer.) The cost of a breast lift varies based on several factors, including the geographical location of a plastic surgeon's office. According to RealSelf, the average cost of a breast lift nationally is $7,850. Keep in mind that that's an average, and your surgeon's price may differ considerably. That said, the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon should be the primary factor, not the cost.

Howard Silverman, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago