Will I still have great looking breast with only the silicone gel implants? Or do my breast require a lift? (Photos)

27 year old Mom of a 2 year old. Breastfed for 2 years. Lives in Durham, NC.

Implant or lift too

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures  both implants and lift will give optimal results. Please consult with board certified PS for evaluation.

Will I still have great looking breast with only the silicone gel implants? Or do my breast require a lift

Implants alone will leave you larger and with time more saggy. I think the breast lift is a good idea with your present breast position

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast implants or implants plus breast lift?

Thanks for the photos and question.  I think that your right breast (in the photo) looks like a lift would be advantageous although if you're not going too large the left side might get by without.  In your situation it is very important to have a face to face meeting with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss your preferences, review photos and have the benefit of advice after a face to face consultation.Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Hold off on the lift

There is a good chance that with an extended dual plane breast augmentation you will get a nice result and not need/want the lift and the ensuing scars associated with a lift. Make sure you are getting opinions from experienced breast surgeons! Hope this helps, good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants for sagging breasts or lift as well?

Hi Miabrittany,  I think that you will need a breast int along with the breast implants in order to hate best looking breasts. The  breast implants will give your breasts upper pole fullness and firmness, but the breast lift and skin contouring will give you an overall better shape.Hope this helps,Best,Dr.Christine Rodgers

Even though you are leaning in your photos, you do appear to have some sagging will will need a lift with most implants. Using an implant like the gummy bear, may give you a nice shape and fullness without the lift.  With just implants, your nipples will not be sitting any higher. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants or also a lift?

Thank you for your question. This is a very common question/concern in women after having children. In your individual situation an actual examination would be necessary to better answer the question.  However the right breast appears somewhat more droopy than the left. It appears that some form of a breast lift would be nessesary for this side and possibly less of a lift for the left breast. The addition of implants would further increase the "perky" appearance. Seek an evaluation by an experienced Plastic Surgeon in your area who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best of Luck!

Borderline for a breast lift along with breast implants

Thank you for sending photos to help evaluate your situation.  It looks like your nipple position is right about the level of the crease under your breast.  Typically, if your nipple is at or above the level of the crease, you can get a nice result with implants and not doing a lift.  When your surgeon evaluates you, if he or she determines that your nipples are lower than the crease, they will probably recommend that you have a lift as well. It's impossible to exactly assess this from your pictures.  Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that has good reviews and I'm sure you'll get good advice and a great result!

Ian Lonergan, DO
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Will I still have great looking breast with only the silicone gel implants? Or do my breast require a lift? (

Based on your photos I would recommend a lift in addition to implants. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will I still have great looking breast with only the silicone gel implants? Or do my breast require a lift?

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or type of implant, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon