Are my 5 day post-op results normal for uplift and 275cc HP implants? Look saggy and nipple too low (Photo)

I am 5d PO from uplift with 275cc hp overs. Feel compared to results I have seen at this stage my results are saggier than others and will only drop further as the implant settles. Nipples low and not pert at all. I was a saggy 34d beforehand but have seen others with same stats have both bigger & smaller implant and uplift with much better results. Very worried how they will look as they drop more in nxt few weeks. Should they be higher at this point? Most are under their chins at this point.

Post breast lift with augmentation

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation/lift. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with nipple position. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area
#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Saggy breasts post BAM and lift

Hi th430128,  It is a little early to judge your final results at this point. One important thing to remember is that is impossible to restore poor skin tone no matter what procedure any surgeon does. The best thing that you can do now is to wear a good supportive bra, wait for final healing in several months and return to see your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. With combo procedures such as this, sometimes a surgeon may have to go back and tighten up the skin pocket a little more.Hope this helps,Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Are my 5 day post-op results normal for uplift and 275cc HP implants? Look saggy and nipple too low

Although I understand your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery, it is very difficult to judge the final outcome of the procedure performed at this point. Keep in mind, that different plastic surgeons will perform the operation differently;  for example, exactly how/where the breast implant "pockets" are dissected will make a difference when it comes to how high the breast implants are during different stages of the patients' recovery. How much breast implant "settling" occurs will depend on the different surgeons' technique.
In other words, it may not be helpful to compare yourself to other people's photographs. At this point, time and patience will likely be your "best friends". Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Post-Op Healing from Breast Lift

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, even though you are still early in the healing process if you are concerned or uncomfortable in anyway with your results it is a good idea to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Good luck!

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.