Bilateral removal of axillary breast tissue under the arm (Photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Swelling after removal of axillary breast tissue
Thank you for asking about your axilllary breast tissue removal.
- Your concern is understandable but your surgeon's advice s good.
- Swelling takes at least 6 months to dissipate - often longer.
- The lump is lilkely to be swelling.
- Swelling after surgery is a biologic process that we really can't speed up or
- If after six months there is some remaining fullness, your surgeon can probably easily remove it.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.