Bilateral removal of axillary breast tissue under the arm (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
Swelling after removal of axillary breast tissue
Thank you for asking about your axilllary breast tissue removal.
- Your concern is understandable but your surgeon's advice s good.
- Swelling takes at least 6 months to dissipate - often longer.
- The lump is lilkely to be swelling.
- Swelling after surgery is a biologic process that we really can't speed up or
- If after six months there is some remaining fullness, your surgeon can probably easily remove it.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.