With regards to liposuction is the area known as the flanks the same as the waist?

If I am fairly straight shaped (no curves) would I need lipo on my waist or flanks to achieve more of a defined waist?

The flanks refers to your hips.

Both the waist and flanks are popular target spots for liposuction. Without seeing photos of your body or having a sense of your height and weight, it’s impossible to make any sort of recommendation about how liposuction could benefit you. It’s true that body contouring surgery can certainly accentuate your figure and create more well-defined curves, but you’ll need an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine which options are best for you.

Flanks. Are they the waist

the flanks are the. Sides of the torsoFat from the abdomen, flanks and back can all thicken the waistTo know if you need flank liposuction, as your plastic surgeon - an examination is necessary to know for sure 

BBL

Thanks for your question. Liposuction of the waist(flanks) with fat transfer to the hips and buttocks will create a more defined waist.   Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Please post photos for further evaluation. If you are seeking fat removal, contouring, and skin tightening, a VASER hi definition procedure can give you these results. Liposuction can be performed to the waist, flank, and hips to give you more of an hourglass and sculpted look. Best, Dr. Emer

With regards to liposuction is the area known as the flanks the same as the waist

Thank you for your question. Flank and waist considered same by most of the surgeons. Along with the flans, hips also hep to shape it. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

If you think that you are straight shaped, liposuction may be able to help. The flank is the side of the waistline, so this area would be one area that I would certainly want to examine to determine how to get the best figure for you. Good luck!

Liposuction

Pictures might be helpful, typically liposuction can be very helpful in the achieving an hourglass figure. Yes, the flank or waist area is most typically addressed. During an abdominoplasty  procedure  lipo is used for that finishing touch to give a more defined torso and waist. This procedure should be performed by a plastic surgeon, who is board certified. You can potentially achieve excellent results!! Good luck

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Treat hips, waist and flanks to get hourglass shape

Hi.  Reducing all three areas, the flank, waist & hips, will provide the hourglass shape you may be seeking. If you have fullness below a bra band, the flank, this area should be reduced.  The narrowest part is called the waist.  The area at the hip bone (sometimes called the lower flank) should be reduced as well if there is excess subcutaneous fat. Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell you if the curves are achievable.  Good luck,

#

I appreciate your question.
The area known as the 'flanks' are your hips.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Can lipo give you a more defined waist?

Liposuction or any other type of body contouring can be used to give a person a more defined waist.  However, that is only if the fat distribution on their body is creating the straight shape.  So, if there is no fat to remove on the flanks or waist, liposuction will not help.  The best way to find out if you are a candidate for liposuction is to have a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon.

Jaime Bastidas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon