Does this look normal? (Photos)

I had a labiaplasty on Monday and I'm on day 4. it doesn't hurt too bad, except for at night. I feel like my clit is extremely exposed and it sometimes throbs. does everything look normal and okay? (the white stuff is my itching spray)

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Any of these may be helpful, especially close to bed time to help rest and ease the swelling at the same time. Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks. If for any reason you are still feeling pain or discomfort after personal attempts at relief, or within a week or so, there is never any reason to hesitate from calling your own surgeon for a live appointment to have the healing process checked. Best of luck.

Labiaplasty And Clitoral Hood Reduction: Postoperative Healing

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.

Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Recovery after labiaplasty

You appear to be very swollen, but this is typical for patients just 4 days post surgery. However, you should have a post-op appointment with your surgeon in the next couple of days, so make sure he/she thinks everything is healing properly. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Does this look normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Your pictures demonstrate signficant swelling of your genital tissues, namely your clitoral hood, which appears to be obscuring your ultimate results.  It appears that the majority of your labia minora tissues have been removed, but until your swelling resolves it will be difficult to comment on your outcome.  Hang in there. 

Day 4 and it looks awful!

Post-op day # 4 is the height of the swelling and discoloration. You have had a very aggressive removal or your labia. I hope all will heal well, but it will be at least a month before you will really see final results. If, at that time you are dissatisfied, send us new photosets please.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Swelling after labiaplasty

It appears the clitoral hood is quite swollen. Some women will swell more after surgery and this should go down and not effect overall healing. Warm water baths help with swelling and it is best to keep the area clean and dry with water only. Avoid creams, lotions and sprays. It is always best to see your surgeon for an exam when there is questions. They may  place you on an anti-inflammatory or steroid to decrease the swelling and tenderness. You can read more about labiaplasty surgery and FAQs at the link below.

Dear CC:
Thank you for sharing your questions and photos.  This is not what I would call normal but some women are happy with these results and it appears you dont have a problem with the aggressiveness of the surgery.   If you are OK with the results then everyone else should be too.   Plastic Surgery success is based upon what the patient feels is successful
John R Miklos MD 
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ BeverlyHills ~ Dubai