4 weeks post labiaplasty; is everything healing okay? (Photo)

is everything healing okay?

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well, so you should be able to work a little to help comfort the area during healing. If for any reason there is pain or discomfort that frightens you, then you should go to your surgeon for a live appointment and evaluation of the healing process. Best of luck!

Labiaplasty healing

Hello, and thank you for your question as well as for posting photos. Everything appears to be healing fine....that being said, the lower portion of the labia minor cannot be seen in this picture so the only way to really tell if everything is healing well is to be examine in person. If you are concerned about how you are healing you should call your surgeon and make an appointment. If my patients are ever concerned I never hesitate to have them come in to the office to be seen. If you are asking this question because you expected the results to look different then you should also have a discussion with your surgeon about your concerns and see what their recommendations are. It doesn't appear the hood was addressed and that only the labia minora was addressed. Now, this is not always necessary, especially if it wasn't something that concerned you. During the consultation I try and get a sense of all the issues that are concerning to the patient so as to give the patient appropriate expectations for post operative results. Hope this helps!
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Need a Clitoral Hood reduction

Thank you fro sharing.  Based on the photo you submitted, it appears you have a Barlbie look like labiaplasty if you permit the terminology.  However, your clitoral should have been and still should be addressed so the you don't get that bird beak appearance.  Keep us posted.
Best of luck

David Ghozland, MD
Santa Monica OB/GYN

Some surgeons aren't able to sculpt hoods in labiaplasty/hood reduction surgery.

Healing-wise, all appears OK, and if you are happy with the results, then fine... Your surgeon appears to have amputated the lower labia but did no work on the hood. (Many novice surgeons are not trained or comfortable with the difficult fineries of truly "sculpting" the hood so as to not leave things looking either droopy or like a "baby penis...") My philosophy is "...if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you are satisfied with the results, enjoy your new look. If the hood bugs you, see an expert who can prove to you that he/she knows how to DESIGN surgery for your OWN specific anatomy. The attached weblink shows you results of labiaplasties with hood reductions.

4 weeks post labiaplasty; is everything healing okay?

Looking at your picture, your labiaplasty procedure appears to be healing well.  Keep in mind, full results will not be appreciable for a few months post surgery.  If you have any concerns in regards to how you are healing, I recommend you schedule a follow up with your surgeon. If you are not completely satisfied with your results, then a revision with your same surgeon or consultation with another specialist would be the next step.

George Shashoua, MD
Austin Urogynecologist

Healing looks ok, but large, droopy hood remains

You seem to be healing well from the labiaplasty, so maybe what prompted you to send a post with photo is that things don't appear as you had expected or wished for. The reason for this is that you had a large ptotic (droopy) hood that should have also been addressed at the time of your labia reduction. If you or your surgeon chose not to address the hood then the labia should not have been reduced so much. Now, as a result, you have a "top heavy" look. Once your finished healing you'll want to look again and assess if this is the look you were wanting, if not then I'd recommend you seek out a cosmetic vaginal surgeon with experience in Clitoral hood reduction with Clitoropexy for your revision.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Healing after labiaplasty

Scars appear intact, no swelling or discoloration present, if you're comfortable everything seems to be healing well.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Healing post labiaplasty

Thank you for your questionEverything seems to be settling nicely; you should see your surgeon in the post-operative period to confirm this.As I am sure has been discussed, some patients also elect to proceed to clitoral hood surgery at a later stage but this is a separate procedure and can be further discussed as required.Good luck

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty results

Looks like everything is healing normally.  There is still a lot of anterior hooding, though, and if this is a problem you may want a revision.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Am I healing ok from labiaplasty?

Based upon the photo you appear to be healing fine. There is some hypertrophy of your clitoral hood but unless this bothers you does not require correction.  I am not sure what you surgeon told you about resuming sexual activity but in general the longer you wait the better you heal.  Six weeks is reasonable.  Certainly don't resume sexual activity until the desire returns and you have no pain.

Michael Litrel, MD, FPMRS, FACOG
Woodstock Urogynecologist