How long will this take to heal? And what should I do? (Photos)

I used a TCA 50% peel and day two this is what it looks like. Very scared that that this is permanent. Is it and what should I do?

Doctor Answers 2

Seek dermatology care

Please see a Dermatologist as soon as you can; you will need detailed and specific wound care to help minimize scarring and pigmentation problems from the peel.  A 50% TCA is a high concentration peel; I do not advise using such a high strength without the close supervision of an experienced physician.  The dark brown skin in your photos will likely peel in the next few days, but you will need a Dermatologist's help to prevent/ treat pigment and scarring problems.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

#plasticsurgery #peel #TCA

Hi Maria, Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.