I am having clear leakage. What is going on?

I had a breast reduction 11 years ago. I have been having a clear leakage under my right breast by the scar. It soaks part of my shirt that I sleep in. What is going on?

Breast leakage

There can certainly be leakage post breast reduction, but I've never heard of it happening 11 years later. I would schedule an appointment with your surgeon and/or Ob/Gyn as soon as possible. Best, Dr. Nazarian

New breast leakage

Hard to say, especially if this is a "new" problem. Sometimes breast reductions can develop seroma cavities which may fill and evacuate early after the surgery.  But 11 years is a long time.  You should be examined by a physician and get some breast imaging...mammogram / ultrasound...to aid in the diagnosis of the problem. 

Clear leakage from breast

You need to be evaluated in person to determine why you might be having leakage from your breasts. Best of luck.

Leakage after breast reduction

After eleven year this is pretty unusual. You should see a surgeon, ideally the same that did the reduction, for an examination.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear about your breast issues. In order to rule out a possible fluid collection, or breast infection, I would recommend you see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  You need to be seen sooner than later for this drainage. 

Thank you for your question. I recommend that you make an appointment with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible for an examination.

Clear leakage

11 years later seems like a long time to impugn the breast reduction as the cause of whatever this "clear fluid" leakage is. I would go back your operating surgeon for an evaluation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Clear leakage

The best thing you can do is find the surgeon who operated on you and allow him or her to reevaluate your breast incision . Good luck
Steven M Davis MD FACS

Leakage from the breast years after breast reduction.

I'm not really sure what you're describing. I would love to see a picture. Nevertheless you should report to your surgeon for examination.