I have one on each side, they are very embarrassing. How do I get rid of them? (Photo)

Axillary tissue

Thank you for your question.  I woud recommend liposcution and a skin exciosn to remove the lax skin.  COnsult with a baord ceritifed Plastic Surgeon.  Best Wishes.

Dr Kayser

As noted below, this can be a very challenging area. This is often composed of a combination of excess skin and fat which could require liposuction and/or formal skin excision. It is not unreasonable to attempt liposuction as the skin will retract to some degree leaving you possibly with some excess skin that you may tolerate, however with a bulge that is not as bulky. You always have the option of having and excision later however, this would leave you with the star. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Excess arm skin

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

• Thank you for the helpful photo.
  • It shows marked excess of skin under the arm with skin stretch marks and skin sun damage.
  • (Both will make skin stretch.)
  • You will almost certainly need surgery to remove the excess skin -
  • Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

I have one on each side, they are very embarrassing. How do I get rid of them?

Thank you for the question. Your concerns are not uncommon; many women have concerns about the same areas. Sometimes, liposuction surgery alone will suffice; in many cases, the "excess" skin, adipose tissue, and breast tissue need to be directly exercised in order to achieve the desired improvement in contour. In those cases, liposuction surgery alone may leave patients dissatisfied with the residual (possibly irregular) skin in the infra-axillary areas.
In terms of selection of your plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

You DONT need to have any skin removed and you can have a great result.....

I have treated a handfull of patients with a similar problem, in fact, some with even much larger accumulations of fat in that same area.
Triplex SmartLipo laser will heat and shrink the skin tremendously after the fat has been agressively suctioned. You will need to wear a compression vest for several weeks after the surgery so that the skin heals in place, but the result will be remarkable. Check the link below for one of the most significant cases of skin tightening in that area...in fact in any area that I have seen.
And the best part is that there are no scars from skin removal  !!

Douglas Hendricks, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Excess underarm skin?

Thank you for your question and photos. I would tell you that you are not alone in having unwanted skin excess in this area. Unfortunately, liposuction alone is likely not the answer, and may actually worsen the degree of skin laxity present. To attempt to 'get rid' of these bulges will require some form of surgical excision, and an associated scar. I would discuss the nature and extent of the surgical scar at length with your local plastic surgeon. Make sure that the risks, benefits, expected outcome and alternatives are clear before proceeding with any elective surgery. Best of luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Excess skin in your under arm

Hi, thanks for the pictures, It looks that it is mostly extra loose skin that would need to be removed with an incision.
Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Arm issue

Liposuction may decrease the overall volume. If it is mainly loose skin, then skin excision will be necessary. Good luck.

Axillary, ArmPit, Bra Roll Liposuction

This needs a hi definition procedure to get skin tightening, IF you do not want to have the skin removed and be left with a large scar.  I suggest speaking to a well trained liposuction expert who does a number of these treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

On,y directed excision of the excess axillary folds with a scar can be offered. Seek in person opinions......