I had a bilateral breast reduction - curved scar.

Its inverted t way...but the vertical scar that is supposed to come directly down from your nipple doesnt... its goes kind of curved in towards middle of chest then join on to scar underneath? Have you heard of this and if so what is it?

Curved scar after breast reduction

It is hard to say exactly why you have this and for an exact answer I would ask your surgeon. Some breast reduction patterns allow for a change in nipple position after the breast is closed. It could be that your surgeon felt that the nipple/areolar complex should be moved a little more lateral and this is why the scar appears to curve toward the midline. The vertical scar does so well and usually fades to where it can barely be seen so I don't think this will be a long term problem.

Curved scar after breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Curved scar

Sometimes the vertical closure from the nipple to the fold does not go directly straight down.    This has to do with the difference in widths from the pattern marked on each side.

Curved scar