How much for a mommy makeover in Maryland? (Photo)

I am looking to get a mommy makeover sometime this year or next year. I have lost 70 lbs so far. Still have maybe 5 to go but I feel it's all in my stomach. How much do they approximately cost, am I a good candidate for it?

The Approximate Costs of a Mommy Makeover in Mary

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Planning a mommy make-over

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• Your photos suggest you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.
  • Breast surgery is usually part of a mommy make-over - without photos, one can't comment but after a 70 pounds weight loss, a lift is often needed with or without implants.
  • The cost depends on the surgery, the area and the surgeon.
  • This site can show you the average costs for surgeons in your area.
  • Congratulations on losing the weight - have the surgeon 6 months or so after your reach your goal weight and have been able to maintain it.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

How much it costs

Hard question to answer with authority.  Your best bet is to have 2 or 3 consultations in your area and get an idea of cost.  Consultations usually are free.   Then you will have an idea.  My Best.   Dr C

Full tummy tuck

Hello. The costs for Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty will vary depending on what region of the US you live in and the physician doing the surgery. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from under 10K to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.

Good luck! Dean Vistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

It is my pleasure to answer your question. You are a candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction. The cost will depend on surgeon and clinic.

Aramis Vega, MD

How much for a mommy makeover in Maryland?

A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy: most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy). Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for these operations is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to “mommy makeover” surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.