I'm currently a 34D. My surgeon recommended breast lipo and place between 600-700cc silicone implants. Thoughts?

I'm 5'5 weighing 135lbs. I desire implants that will give me more fullness on the top with a lift. I want what my push up bra does without looking ridiculous. I'm not sure how much fat can be removed. But I don't want longterm concerns or stretch marks. Is liposuction pretty common?

Removing fat and adding volume with implants is ridiculous. Why would anyone do that?
Consider having a breast lift only. Please view the video below to see what can now be achieved with current breast lifting technology without the vertical scar or breast implants for upper pole fullness. Use your own tissue to achieve your desired look. Breast implants are inherently unstable and are associated with multiple complications down the line especially when combined with a lift.

Kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

It is uncommon

The approach described by you is somewhat unusual in my personal opinion.  If you are already a "D" cup you might not even need implants. Contouring of your own breast with breast lift should give you a superior and all your own result.  Why risk implant issues at all.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Lipo and 600-700cc Implants?

Wow, this is a pretty crazy question. Addition/Subtraction procedures are not unheard of, but this wouldn't be a routine combination. Without photos it leaves us to speculate about where you are starting from and where you want to go. From the information provided it sounds like you have a reasonably large breast but you don't have the fullness where you want it. This is not an unusual situation. The more traditional answer would be that you need a lift along with an implant. Unfortunately lifts require additional scars on your breasts and understandably most patients are unenthusiastic about this. You may have told your surgeon that you won't except the scars that go along with a lift, so they are trying to come up with an alternative solution for you. 

I would say that there is nothing common about what is being proposed. Will it work? There may be some potential, but I would be skeptical. You should ask to see photos of patients on which this procedure was used to decide if it can deliver the result that you are looking for. Lacking good evidence for the success of this proposed operation, I am not sure if I would want to volunteer to be the guinea pig. 

Thanks for your question.  In general I 'd have to say that this is a procedure that I would not consider doing in my practice.  As everyone says in their responses (so far)  it is unusual to lipo large amounts of fat from a breast to allow placement of a very large implant.  Talk to you surgeon about the potential consequences of lipo and very large implant placement.
I'd suggest that you meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss and evaluate your options. Please watch the video I've linked to about the risks of very large implants over time.  Regards.

Jon A. Perlman MD, FACS
Certified American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast implant question

Dear Mvg2123,
Thank you for your question; certainly the size you suggest is a larger one; implant size has to do with your breast dimensions, skin quality and personal desires.  Typically a larger implant which is higher profile (higher projection) can give the breast implant fullness that you desire.  This is in the upper pole of the breast.  There are a variety of breast shapes and make sure your plastic surgeon knows your desires.
Fat can be done with liposuction often on the sides (axilla) as there may be fullness here.  While not common, it is not unreasonable.
Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon recommended breast lipo and place between 600-700cc silicone implants.

Thank you for your question.  It's really unusual to be doing liposuction on the breasts at the same time placing implants.  However, it's also hard to provide comment without photos to evaluate.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery

I'm sorry but there is no way to comment on your anatomy and what procedures might be appropriate without good photos of front and side views with your arms at your sides. That does sound unusual however.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast liposuction plus augmentation

Performing liposuction on a breast, removing fat, at the same time as augmenting the breast, is an uncommon thing to do. You are essentially taking from the breast and adding to it at the same time. Your surgeon may have a good reason for doing this, but for us, and we would at least need pictures, and even then that does not substitute for a physical exam. One thing I would tell you is I would be careful about your goals. To have the appearance of what a pushup brought does, without wearing a bra, can look very strange. The upper fullness and cleavage given by a pushup brought is an unnatural thing, which may look great in that bra, but very strange when naked. As well, that upper fullness is the hardest thing to achieve in breast surgery. Over time, adding volume and weight may give you an initial fullness up top, but that weight will eventually pulled down and you'll lose that fullness. Discussed these things further with her plastic surgeon.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. It is not possible for online consultants to give you accurate advice without examination or viewing photos of yourself and your goals.  Liposuction during breast augmentation surgery is very patient specific and depends on the goals of the patient.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "more fullness on top” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.