Droopy eyelids. Is there any way it could return to normal except surgery? (Photo)

Good day! I'm Elyssa, 18 years old. My eye lids got really dry and red after I used this moisturizer and when it healed (almost 2 months later), it has gotten saggy. I'm wonderin' if it will come back to the way it was cause I'm still young or is there any way it could return except undergoing surgery cause I'm really scared and don't know what to do. Thank you so much for the help!

Ptosis

Your photograph suggests that you have ptosis, more on the left than the right. This could be repaired at any time if you are not having visual problems. In the meantime, to prevent worsening, avoid hand to eye contact and eye-rubbing, be gentle when applying and removing makeup, and use hypoallergenic products. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is mild upper eyelid ptosis.

Surgery is required to address this issue.  However the surgery is not medically necessary.  It is something that can be done whenever you are ready.  This is best addressed by a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you find a well qualified surgeon.

Droopy eyelid

It is difficult from one picture and not seeing you in person. But it appears that your left eye has something called Ptosis which is where the muscle that raises the eye has pulled free, because your eyelid crease is higher also. There can be some  neurological causes also, so I would recommend you to see an oculoplastic surgeon to get it evaluated. Take old photographs of yourself before the swelling occurred so they can see what the eyelid looked like before the allergic reaction.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetry

It is likely that the cause is something other than the moisturizer problem you stated. It would appear that there may be loss of volume in the left upper eye. Although there may be ways to improve this appearance, you need a workup of problem and a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon or ocular plastic surgeon.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Droopy Eyelids?

Honestly your pictures do not really show anything other than very attractive eyes. In my opinion you do not need to have anything done .  In today's internet dominated world young people tend to be way too hard on themselves as it relates to appearance .

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon