Scar tissue on tram (Photo)

After my first surgery Oct 21,2015 a muscle sparing tram flap I had some wrinkling in my cleavage. Since then the doctor has pulled that tight but now I have Scar Tissue accumulating on my upper chest which is even more wrinkled then the original problem. Even though that is frustrating what can I do to help get rid of my scar tissue so the puckering will go away? This 2nd surgery was done March 14,2016

Scar tissue after TRAM

Thank you for sharing your pictures and story.  I appears that in fact there is some scar tissue formation in that area and tends to be aggressive in the early healing phase.  I would consult with your plastic surgeon to see if there are any areas of fat necrosis (Dead Fat) underneath the skin that is causing the deformity  that you are seeing.  If the case, then that area needs to be surgically cleaned out and replaced with healthy tissue perhaps in the form of a new flap or fat grafting.  Hope that helps and good luck.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Scar issues with TRAM flap revision

I understand your issues with this area on the cleavage line. It is obviously visible and quite high up. Scar revision after TRAM flap surgery are not uncommon and there is a settling period which takes a year or more.
I strongly recommend to my patient population:-Massage-Taping-Sunscreen
This need a fair trial for 6months to look at need for further surgery.
If the distortion continue than you would benefit from scar revision and fat grafting to fill out the area. This is not a small procedure but should certainly address all the major issues which you are having. 
I hope this is helpful for you in sorting the problem out.

Sanjay Azad, MS, FRCSEd
Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue

The best thing to do is contact your surgeon for options. However, looking at your pictures possibly fat transfer to that area may help with the indentation and lines. I hope this helps

Ritu Chopra, MD