Are there any doctors that give discounted prices for mommy makeovers? I am a 29 year old mother of four.

I have a hard time losing weight because of an accident. I am also disabled but I would like to look my age and move around better. Recovery for anything is feeling good about yourself and I would like that. I could only save up 5000$. Anything past that seems to always go to emergencies and extra needs ofmy children. Does anyone have any advice or information? Thank you kindly

Estimated Costs for a Mommy Makeover and Seeking a Board-Certified Surgeon

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website,, or Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Makeover price

Thanks for your question.  I can't speak to the pricing of mommy makeovers in your area but generally this operation is not offered at a significant discount, due to the length of time involved and the cost of equipment, personnel, implants etc.  It sounds like you have already saved a significant nest egg so waiting until you can pay for the operation may be the best option.  The other choice would be obtaining financing, but you would want to make sure the monthly payments are not too onerous.  I hope you reach your goal.

Discount Mommy Makeover

Many board certified plastic surgeons will offer discounted or even "pro bono" procedures under the right circumstances. There can also be ways that some procedures can be classified as either cosmetic or reconstructive depending on the particular circumstances surrounding your anatomy and your disability. This often means more paperwork so we can be paid less by your insurance company but we will do this if we feel a strong connection with the patient or feel like it is a good cause.

Mommy makeover

I am sorry you are having a difficult time but you may want to talk to your PS about special financing options or payment plans that can help you get the monies you need to get the surgery you want and deserve.  In my practice we let patients make payments until their surgery is paid in full.  Once this is done, the patient can schedule their surgery.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced because of the accident.  Safe and properly performed “mommy makeover” surgery is associated with significant expenses; it will be difficult to find a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to “discount” costs significantly. Keep in mind, that there are many other people/facility associated with the procedure;  the  personnel/facility costs are separate from surgeon's fees.  Ultimately, it may be in your best interest to gradually save up for the procedures  and have it done when you are financially/physically/psychosocial as stable as possible.  Generally speaking, when it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants (if involved)… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.