Feeling nervous about my tummy tuck 10 days away... Any suggestions?

Ever since I had my C-section back in 2007, I have wanted to get my stomach back… Only in the last few years did I finally give myself permission to dream about this. Now I am 10 days away from the actualization of having it done, and I find myself nervous… Worried about how I will do under anesthesia, or the pain afterward… I want to be excited… How do I deal with these nerves?

Thank you for your question. It would be quite unnatural to not have some anxiety about an impending surgery, but i applaud you for reaching out for reassurance. Be confidant that you have made the right decision for you and you alone. Entering surgery with a positive mindset will make the recovery that much easier. The majority of patients do quite well with tummy tuck surgery, but if there are questions about your ability to have the surgery performed, your physician would have discussed these with you. Remain at ease and enjoy the process!

Hello and thank you for your question!

It's perfectly normal to be nervous before a surgical procedure. I would suggest for you to do the research of a surgeon of your choice, keeping in mind to always make sure they are board certified. You need to understand this procedure has certain risks, but if it is done by a trained professional in a certified facility, the risks are minimal.
So please relax, do the proper research, and let the experts do their work. 

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Anxiety over tummy tuck

It is very common to have anxiety prior...especially for moms.  Here are some thoughts that moms have expressed to me over the years.  "I feel selfish doing this";  "Is this frivolous?";  "I'm afraid I'll orphan my kids" etc...So, you are not alone.  Try thinking positive thoughts such as how good you are going to look after the surgery.  If you're having trouble sleeping at night, consider over-the-counter sleep aids or Benadryl.  Also, discuss your concerns with your PS.  That could greatly relieve your anxiety!  Best wishes.