Do I have a double bubble and will my scar ever go away? (Photo)

The dr claimed I had a mild case of tuberous breasts. I got a ba and donut lift. Now my left nipple is terribly scarred. I don't think he properly stitched around the nipple line and he sewed through my nipple tissue. The stitch is still inside my nipple and it hasnt disenigrated and its been 11 months since the operation. The old fold of my breasts shows. I can't expect any man to love botched breasts. I can't show anyone my body I can't date anyone. In scared I will never be attractive naked.

Revision after donut mastopexy in breast augmentation.

After 11 months I don't think you can expect significant changes in the appearance of the breasts going forward. Very specifically discuss what you don't like with your plastic surgeon and settle upon a plan of action. If not satisfied you should get another opinion.

Double bubble concerns with breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, your pictures do demonstrated that you have had your breast implant settle below the breast fold. So what you are seeing is the new lower breast fold is where the breast implant has settled to and the crease on the breast is actually the old fold or old crease of the breast. This occurs because of a few different factors and in any situation, not every person who gets a double bubble is getting because of the same reasons.

So here goes the most common causes, and remember your double may be because of only one of these or some combination a few of them. Each and every case is different. The repair is possible regardless of the cause(s). The type of repair will be different based upon what or how the double bubble occurred.
  • sharp, well developed tight fold (IMF = inframammary fold)
  • short distance from 6 o'clock position of areola and presurgical IMF
  • tight strong tissues of the IMF inadequately released at surgery
  • too large of a breast implant for the dimensions of the chest and breast
  • too heavy of a breast implant for the tissues of the breast to support
  • lower pole fallout

So the repair of the double bubble consists of rebuilding the fold, it is called IMF reconstruction and there are many methods to do this. It is best to see a plastic surgeon with experience IMF recons to assist you with this. It will require surgery. In the meantime, wear support.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

BAM

the scar could be improved and smoothed out on both nipple areas. the more difficult problem is to repair the crease fold on the under side of each breast. it is either a mild tuberous deformity as a preop condition or a very short distance from the nipple to the breast fold with the abdomen. there are surgeries that can be done, but it will take several surgeries to correct this. remember, we are ALWAYS harder on ourselves than other people are on us. it can get better.

Asymmetry issues and scar after a peri-areolar breast lift and augmentation

Not sure why you have a ridge at the base of the nipple.  I can not tell if the peri-areolar incision was made right at the junction of the pigmented  areolar skin and the breast skin.  If not this could be corrected with a revision, making the areola smaller and hiding the scar at this junction between the pigmented skin and non-pigmented skin.  The second problem is with a double bubble.  It appears that you have some degree of inframammary crease asymmetry with the crease on the left side higher than the right.  Your double bubble most likely is due to a lowering of he natural crease of the breast to accommodate the implant.  The double bubble is due to the attachment of the pre-pectoral fascia to the dermis of the skin at the level of the old fold.  To correct this problem the pre-pectoral fascia would need to be released.  I also find that the use of shaped anatomic implants is beneficial in this particular situation to give a more natural result. 

Will my scar ever go away.

After 11 months your scar will indeed get much better. You do however have a double bubble in that the implant you are wearing extends below the natural breast envelope. This does give an augmentation look rather than a more natural appearance. If  it is not what you like or intended you can have a revision and implant substitution that might help you like your look again.

Scar and double bubble

From the photos you have provided, there does appear to be a small amount of double bubble more so on the right than left. At 11 months postoperatively, I don't expect that the scar that you shown on the left side will change much. There are laser therapies that can help these type of scars to look better. Or the areolar tissue that's outside of the scar could be excised at the same time as revising the bottom part of the scar. The double bubble can likewise be fixed but you may have to accept a smaller base width implant. I would seek the counsel of a few different plastic surgeons in your area and get their opinions. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Do I have a double bubble and will my scar ever go away?

Yes appears as bilateral minor double bubble effect. Best to seek only in person opinions to revise this.......

Healing and Changing

It does appear form the photos that you do have a double bubble. Altering the inside of the capsule and breast tissue may improve the lower breast contours, however, the details depend on the type of implant and where it is being placed. The scar will never go away 100 % but it is possible that you will continue healing and changing for the next few months. 

Mark Mitchell Jones, MD