Lower lid laxity after hyluronidase?

After getting juvederm voluma injected into the cheeks 4 years ago, I lived with under eye edema until I had it dissolved 3 months ago. I was left with lower lid laxity and loss of volume under the eyes. I've booked to see an occuloplastic surgeon but my concern is that he doesn't do fillers or any other kind of rejuvenation techniques that I may need in addition or instead of surgery. Would it be beneficial consulting with a facial plastic surgeon who might be able to offer different options?

Doctor Answers 2

To consult, or not to consult

It is never a bad idea to have multiple consultations to hear all of your options. Often times different doctors have different opinions based on what they have the ability to do, consulting with a board certified plastic or ocular surgeon who does fillers would be best. 

Leesburg Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

The lower lids can be treated with fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement without surgery.  Please see a facial contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.