Will Kybella help me? (Photos)

I am 59 1/2 years old. I have been reading a lot about kybella. I have a lot of fat on my neck. It is more on one side than the other. My ENT did a ct scan to make certain there was no growth on that side. He said it was just fat. Would kybella help me?

Kybella treats fat under chin, not sagging skin

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi. Thank you for sharing photos.  Kybella is effective for treating the fat under the skin and above the neck muscles, however you will be left with hanging skin-a face & neck lift would be your best treatment to address both.  Your platysma muscle could be contoured as well during surgery for maximum shaping. Be sure to consult with an ABPS certified PS for a review of the options that were best suited for you.

You would be best served by a facelift

Based on your photos, you appear to have very substantial laxity of the skin and muscle of the neck as well as excess fat. At this point, these can only be really well served by properly done surgery. I'd pass on Kybella as it will do nothing for you.

Neck Lift Better for You

Based on your photo, you look to be a candidate for a neck lift, not Kybella. The latter can be very effective at removing the excess pocket of fat under the chin but it will not tighten the excess skin and muscle. Hope this helps. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Thank you for your question pensacoladebbie. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Outstanding results can be seen with a series of treatments. If my patient showed me such pictures I would say that she would be a good candidate for a series of up to 6 Kybella treatments. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella isn't a good answer for you due to skin laxity

Kybella is great, but only in the correct individual and you are not a good candidate for it.  Sadly, this is one of those situations where liposuction and neck lift is a better alternative.  Best wishes!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella versus neck lift/liposuction

Based on your photos, you have significant skin laxity. You this reason you would not be a great Kybella candidate. You would get far better results with a surgical procedure and I recommend you consider consultation with a plastic surgeon regarding a neck lift and/or liposuction.

Will kybella help?

Kybella works great where there is excess fat and does give some tightening of the skin.  It is not as much tightening as with a traditional neck lift though.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who does both to decide what is best for you. I have had patients similar to your photos that have been quite pleased with their results from kybella, and I also perform face lifts in other patients. It depends on your expectations and whether you are ok with surgery or want a non surgical option.  The results are different but both can be beneficial.  Do you want one surgical procedure with the best result? Or are your willing to have several smaller nonsurgical procedures (Kybella) with not as dramatic a result but still better.Good luck in your decision.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Will Kybella help me?

Thank you for your question.  Kybella should help reduce the amount of fatty tissue in the area but will take more than one treatment and may do little to nothing for the excess skin.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your surgical vs nonsurgical options.  Best wishes!

Kybella

Whether kybella will be an appropriate treatment for you, depends on your goals of the procedure. If you stand in front of the mirror and pull the tissues back revealing a much sharper jawline, then you should think in terms of a neck lift/facelift. If you are happy with some or any improvement then Kybella may be appropriate.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes to Kybella

I think Kybella would greatly improve your neck.  Kybella is designed to be used in two seoerate treatments weeks apart. I would bet, from my experience, you would see great improvements after the first treatment alone.  For any saggy skin, depending how much there is,  a laser treatment may improve some of that.  If too much for Kybella you would be a good candidate for smart Lipo on the chin.  Removes neck fat and tightens skin as well

Vern Reynolds, DO
Columbus Anesthesiologist