1 week post bilateral mullerectomy, my left eye is droopy. Any suggestions? (photos)

Before surgery I had permanent tired feeling ,I was uncomfortable reading & driving My left eye is droopy and feels gritty The right eye is less gritty and looks ok Will my left eye improve ?

Post mullerectomy

You are still very early in the healing phase and you can see that the skin of the lids is quite swollen which will hold the lid down.  So give it more time.  Both pre and post op you have a lot of extra skin.  You are probably going to want to get that removed as well or the lids will still look heavy and low.  Did you discuss this option pre-op??

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow ptosis and ptosis

Your pe-operative photograph shows evidence of both ptosis of the eyelid and ptosis of the brows, with heavy brow fat pad and lid fold. With this presentation, I generally recommend an external approach to ptosis repair (rather than internal) so that the creases and lid fold can be corrected. However, your lid curvature, level, and contour might continue to improve over the next several weeks. Stay in touch with your surgeon for his/her suggestions for the left eyelid, and for the excess skin. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon