11 days post op. Left breast painful & numb in places with swelling?

Sub muscular, en bloc capsulectomy with replacement silicone implants. Body retaining fluid. Taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for inflammation and pain relief. Is this normal? Also when can i start using power plate? Would this help reduce fluid retention?

Breast Swelling 11 days post-op

If one breast is swollen and the other is not, please call your doctor. The key question is how swollen is the left breast? This may simply be swelling, but it may be a problem. As far as power plates, I would probably hold off for the time being. All that shaking might make the swelling worse rather than better. I advise rest, limited use of the arm, and ice. But the one you should listen to is your doctor.

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

#plasticsurgery questions about uncomfortable symptoms after #breastsurgery

Hi Spring, Thank you for sharing your excellent question and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing discomfort, swelling and asymmetries after your breast surgery.  I strongly urge you to speak and meet directly with your operative plastic surgeon and allow he or she to be your guide. Do understand it is not uncommon to experience any of these symptoms post surgery, however any discomfort in extremes should be addressed quickly. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Post-surgery

Pain after surgery does occur and sometimes the breasts have some numbness.  Swelling is normal. If concerned, speak to your surgeon.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  It is not uncommon for the body to retain water after an operation and this gradually dissipates over the first 4-6 weeks after surgery.  If your breast appearance has changed considerably, or a significant asymmetry exists between your breasts, best to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Best wishes.

11 days post op breast implant capsulectomy. Left breast painful & numb in places with swelling?

It is hard to say without an examination exactly what is going on.  Hopefully your surgeon has inserted a drain to encourage drainage of excess fluid.  Please contact yoursurgeon for an examination and do not rely on Internet advice.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon