How long after liposuction do you need before getting a lympathic drainage massage? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients. Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Massage after liposuction
Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.
- There is no evidence that lymphatic massage will affect your result.
- It doesn't mean it can't help - but certainly it makes no difference for most people.
- Your skin is hard because of swelling and will soften as swelling goes down.
- I always wonder if instructions to get massage right away - when you may not be able to do so - is a way of setting the stage for blaming you for a disappointing result.
- If you cannot find someone to do your massage right away see if you feel you need or want one at the eight week mark.
- Or buy on-line an inexpensive, hand held massage machine and use it on yourself.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.