One implant looking round after surgery ? Possible CC? Or texture did not adhere? (photo)

Anatomical texture silicone implant over 395. I got my BA just a week ago.I'm getting very scared as there are too many differences between my left and my right one. The right has been more swollen and sore than the left since the surgery. I can feel the implant all over my right breast, I also feel little bumps under the skin (I don't feel the implant/bumps on the Left one) It looks very round compared to the L, and even rounder when I lift my arm. I'm getting very scared that is going to stay like that or that I need a second surgery.

Implant Looking Round After Surgery?

At one week post surgery, it is usually part of the normal healing process to see these things. In most cases, we wait at least three months to evaluate these types of issues. We like to say that "breast are like sisters, and not twins" so you most likely had some unevenness to begin with. Sometimes "little bumps" are the edges of the implants if your skin is very thin. If you are concerned, we advise that you come to your plastic surgeon on a weekly basis for an in-office followup to make sure things are healing well.

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

It is far too early in your recovery to determine your final look.  Be sure to share your concerns with your surgeon and get his/her opinion on how things are progressing, as they are most familiar with the details of your surgery.  At about 3-6 months you'll get a better feel for how your breasts have settled.  I know it's hard to be patient, but healing takes time.

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question and picture.  One week!  It is way too soon to make any determinations as to how you will heal.  You will need at least 3 months to know your final shape etc.  For now, follow your PS instructions, and allow healing to take place.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Breast differences after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question! You are very early in your healing process, as your breast are going to continue to change, it is very hard to tell much with the photo provided with your arms raised. I would suggest keeping your follow up visits with your surgeon or call the office with further concerns. Best of Luck!

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

You are very early in your healing process and have two different breasts that don't always heal at the same rate. You may have more swelling on one side as well. Please keep all your follow up visits with your surgeon and discuss any concerns you have with him/her.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Early post-operative results

Thank you for your question. Breast Implants take a time to adapt depending on the tissue of the patient. All evolutions are different. Is too early to predict if you will or not have capsular contracture. After 3-6 months when the swollen and inflammation goes down you will see definitely results. 

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Capsular contracture is a complication that typically occurs much later in the post operative period. Early capsular contracture is seen 4-6 months post operative. The concern with one sided swelling an pain vs the other side to me would be hematoma, or blood accumulating in the implant pocket. You should be in close contact with your surgeon and if you are very concerned, insist on being seen. Good Luck, 

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry.  Capsular contracture occurs after several months.  At a week there is changes to come in your breast shape and symmetry .  Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck with your recovery.