Face seems to be very asymmetric one cheek has more volume then the other and my nose is off centre? (Photos)

The main body of my nose seems to be pushed over to one side and the cartilage is more built up on one side aswell would it be possible to make it symmetrical?

Facial/ nasal assymmetry

Hi Emma, From your photos it appears that you have both a facial asymmetry and a nasal asymmetry.  The two are not necessarily related.  At rest the muscle tone on the left is more than the right wich causes the asymmetry and this is accentuated when you smile.. I would not recommend trying to correct this.  You could have fat injections however they are somewhat unpredictable meaning they dont always work and also no way to correct the asymmetry when you smile  As for you nose, from the pictures your tip cartilages are uneven probably both in size ,shape and position and it appears you have a small bump on your nose.  These things can be corrected with a rhinoplasty.  The details would be discussed during a consultation.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

Your facial asymmetry could be improved by a combination of fat grafting to the lesser cheek and rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting to the nose.

Face seems to be very asymmetric one cheek has more volume then the other and my nose is off centre?

Hello emma111 - Thanks for your question.  You are correct in your assessment that you have facial asymmetry.  In fact, 100% of humanity has some level of facial asymmetry.  In cosmetic surgery of the face, the goal is to improve facial harmony by decreasing the amount of asymmetry.  True symmetry isn't really a practical option. Injectable filler or fat can be used to soften your more hollowed nasolabial fold. This is probably the easiest way to soften the visual effects of your natural asymmetry. Taken by itself, there are ways to improve the symmetry of your nose. Sometimes this can be done with injectable filler, and other times major surgery is needed.  I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area like Munish Shandilya in Dublin (I am assuming by your spelling of "centre" that you are from Dublin, Ireland?) Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Face seems to be very asymmetric

Everyone has some asymmetry, some more than others. That's why movie stars and models talk about their "better side". Fat transfer would be an excellent procedure to improve the asymmetry of the cheeks.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked and asymmetric nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening a crooked nose and making it more symmetrical.  To make the nose  straighter and more narrow requires osteotomies placed nasal bones.  A spreader graft is sometimes required to be placed on the concave side as well.  For more information  and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below 

Asymmetric nose?

The  nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a possible septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon