What can I do to change the shape of my face? (photos)

I have a diamond shape face. I don't like the shape of my face. I wish if I could have a square shape. I don't know if it's my jawline or my chin. What would you recommend me? Try Botox, chin reduction, or..? Please help me.

Doctor Answers 8

Facial Shaping

Your face shape is beautiful.
If you wish to make some face shape changes, there are multiple options such as fillers, Botox, liposuction or even implants and submental sat reduction.
The key thing is to make sure that you will look better and not worse. Make sure that you see an expert in facial shaping.
Best regards and I hope that helps, Dr. Sapijaszko

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat; Buccal Fat Pad; Botox; Liposuction

Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt and contour the face. The shape of your face is beautiful, but if you wish to contour or for a different shape, I suggest consulting with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Beautiful facial shape

The shape of your face is beautiful, and I wonder if changing it's shape is really what you want or what you want is a more angled or chiseled look.  You may find it interesting to search "marquardt beauty mask".  Dr. Marquardt has done some very interesting work on ideal facial shape.

Lawrence Osman, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

How to Change Face Shape

The only recommendation I would make to you is to stay exactly as you are. You are a gorgeous young woman. Please don't do anything to that face! There are women who pays 1000s of dollars to get your feminine jawline and full lips and well-shaped nose! As you mature more, you're face will change on it's own. Your chin is already in proportion to your face - reducing it will make it look odd. Botox is for improving the appearance of wrinkles and for paralyzing the masseter muscles to slim the jawline. Your jawline is already non-square and beautifully shaped. Botox injections will do the opposite of giving you a square shape. If you really cannot accept the shape of your face, you could consider jaw implants for a more square look. But I implore you to leave your face as it is...beautiful and natural-looking.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician
4.7 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Change face shape

You are gorgeous. I would not recommend any major changes. If pressed, the only thing I would consider is some dermal filler into your cheeks and cheekbones to accent and highlight your eyes.  

Dr. C

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

What can I do to change the shape of my face?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photographs I think you have a very attractive facial shape and would not recommend any treatment.  If you are convinced that a square shape to your lower face is what you want you can have dermal fillers placed into the corners of your jaw to add the width you are interested in.  Hope this helps. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Change Shape of Face

Thank you so much for your questions and photos.  Botox is a fabulous product that treats muscle contracture creating lines and wrinkles.  From your photos, I would recommend that you consider filler treatments.  Best to consult with a qualified, experienced injector for an in-person examination and recommendation.  I wish you good luck.

Face shape and combination treatment with with Botox and fillers

Great question. You look beautiful. I would consider Botox into the masseters to help slim your lower face. I would also consider filler injection (Juvederm Voluma) along the cheek bone. This will give the illusion of a slimmer face. It will also give you a more oval shaped face. 

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 55 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.