10 days over my FUE treatment. 5500 grafts. How do I tone down the pink head? (Photo)

I am just wondering. How do I tone down the pink head

Persistant redness

Time, you just need to wait it out.  The pink or redness will abate.  Based on the photo you attached you are light skinned and are your skin will show the redness of the post-operative inflammation more than darker folks.   Try to avoid exposure to the sun more than 3 to 4 minutes as this may affect the post-operative pigmentation of the area. Use spray sun block SPF 30 or greater and/or a hat when out in the sun.   If your redness persist you need to see your doctor and he/she may prescribe some medication to alleviate that.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

It takes time for the scalp to heal. There are no specific medications "tone" down the redness. If you are concerned it is best

It takes time for the scalp to heal. There are no specific medications "tone" down the redness.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Last contacted 11 hours ago

Pinkness not related to graft number. Patience!

The pinkness is not at all related to your graft number. It is strictly related to your skin color and your skin's reaction to the surgery. The pinkness you describe can take anywhere from 10 days to 3 months to disappear. This varies from person to person.

I do not recommend taking any medication for this, nor do I recommend covering the area with cosmetics. You will just have to wait. Patience.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

550 FUE grafts

You are red and want to treat it. As you are only 10 days and that is a fairly large surgery, wait it out and the redness will abate in the next couple of week.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago