How can I improve my profile? (Photo)

This is me 1 month post rhinoplasty and I still feel my nose stands out a lot from my face, I think this is because off my receding chin (not something I knew was a problem before I got the rhinoplasty, my surgeon didn't mention it at all). Is there anything I can do to improve my profile? Do I need a chin implant? I dont want to go through a whole surgery again just to end up dissapointed again.

How can you improve your profile?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin Agmentation

You do have a very recessed chin and that is detracting from your rhinoplasty result. Your chin is both horizontally short and vertically long. Your chin augmentation would be best done by a sliding genioplasty to bring your chin forward and make it a little vertically shorter at the same time.

Me 1 month post rhinoplasty and nose stands out. I think this is because off my receding chin but surgeon didn't mention it.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is very weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for over 30 years and evaluate the chin on every Rhinoplasty patient.  Often the chin is augmented at the same time as the Rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps.