Over 2 weeks I am having recurrent scalp acne one after the other?

Hi Doctor, Over 2 weeks I am having recurrent scalp acne one after the other . I had a local dermatologist consultation and found out that this condition is scalp folliculitis. Please let me know a treatment. Thanks,

Folliculitis

Thank you for your question. Scalp folliculitis is a chronic condition, and the lesions will come and go. A variety of treatments include topical antibiotics or oral antibiotics, but in my experience, some individuals need to be on a maintenance treatment of topical medications daily to prevent severe flares or breakouts. I highly recommend you consult again with a dermatologist in your area to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Folliculitis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}