Can I transplant my forehead with the same density of the rest of my head ? (photos)

23 years old ,non of my parents have balding ,born with a wide forehead ,the width of the empty space between the temples that i want to fill with hair is 17.5 cm and i want the hairline to go down for 2 cm so it's 17.5*2=35 cm , my hair density is average , i'm afraid if i made a hair transplant the new hair will not have the same density as rest of the hair which is a bigger problem for me , is it possible to have the same density ?? how many grafts do you think i need to get it done?

Density

Hair transplantation is mostly about the art of illusion. The average density of the frontal area in someone with no hair loss is a minimum of 70 follicular units per cm2, however, a high density looking hair transplant is often a result achieved with 50 follicular units per cm2. With 50 cm2, it is certainly possible to achieve the appearance of normal density when a proper surgical plan and graft selection is implemented.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Density in recipient area

You can achieve the same density as the hair on the rest of your head with a hair transplant but it will take more than one transplant to do this

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Can I transplant my forehead with the same density of the rest of my head ?

Greetings. Thank you for your question Hair Transplant is the best solution 

resistant hair follicles against balding in our scalp. We transfer these resistant hair follicles to the bald areas in order to have a fuller hair.

There are 3 important steps in the hair transplantation:

• • Number
  • • Density
  • • Angle

Number of the grafts is especially important because you can get a better result with more grafts. However it is really important be careful during obtaining the hair follicles. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant is moving hair from one location to another location. So it can never give you same density.

Hair transplant is moving hair from one location to another location.  So it can never give you same density without sacrificing the density in your donor area since you are not gaining "new" hairs.

If you are only trying to achieve same density in the front you will need several surgeries.  If you shave the back donor area, it will look thinner than the front (since the harvested hairs will not grow back in the donor area).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon