The tip and the front side after rhinoplasty (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 12 days ago, the tip of my nose was really slim and looked nice with the rest of my face as you can see in the picture, after the surgery when I saw my nose it has changed a lot, the tip looked like a ball,big and round and so thick. My surgeon told me its because of the swelling and it'll be back slim and sharp after a while, is that normal and true? Or it can't be back once it's gone? what about the thickness,I hope the picture is clear so u can explain my situation. Thanks

12 days post rhinoplasty - Swelling is expected

Swelling after rhinoplasty is expected and can camouflage the underlying fine structural work performed by your surgeon to reshape the nose. Your photos show the contours expected at 12 days.  More details of your new nasal contour will be visible within 6 weeks, however, the magnitude and duration of swelling after rhinoplasty varies with skin thickness, magnitude of dissection, and whether implants/grafts were used.  Your final "look" might not be apparent for a year.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

The tip and the front side after rhinoplasty

Dear Jennifer

As you know, it takes months for the swelling of the nose to settle, in particular the tip. From the limited views you have provided, it looks like you nose is more harmonious and has better proportions. your hanging tip and columella are well corrected and your transition from bone to cartilage looks natural.
Be patient for the next 6 weeks. It will settle. I suspect it will not be as narrow as your preop tip but I think it will look better on your face with better proportions. Congratulations on having had your surgery !!!

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Your surgeon is not making excuses.  You have moderate swelling still present at 2 weeks and should not worry.  Most of the swelling will be gone by 2-3 months after the operation, but the fine details won't be complete until a year after surgery.  Try to relax and enjoy watching the gradual improvements.  It looks like you've made significant positive changes to your nose.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

It is far too early to assess your final results and it is common for the nose to remain swollen for weeks to months after surgery.  Relay your concerns to your surgeon and he or she will be able to provide a timeline of events to expect certain results.  Best wishes!